+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protocessor BacNet Comm With Jace

Post Likes

Question Protocessor BacNet Comm With Jace

I'm having an issue with a AAM branded Jace communicating with a protocessor board in a boiler.

The boiler that contains the protocessor board has a switch on the front that shuts down all controls to the boiler. When the boiler is switched off and on the Jace cannot see the board for a variable period of time. On most occasions it takes around 15 minutes for the Jace to recgonize that the boiler is back online, however sometimes it can take more than a half hour.

I have adjusted the min and max write times in the tuning policy and lowered the ping monitor to 5 minutes without any luck in shortening the time once communication is restored.

The problem is that the boiler will not enable until the Jace sees and gets a live write to the boiler enable point.

Are there any settings I should be looking into. I've adjusted all the tuning policies, any timer I can find in the Jace without any improvement.

Thanks for your input,

Norton

Post Likes
    It takes two to tango, so what leads you to believe the problem is with the Jace?
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    Norton,

If you have questions or concerns about the ProtoCessor. Please contact
    408-964-4433 or Email Address Removed

Thanks,

ProtoMan
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 02-26-2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Email Address Removed

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Norton,

If you have questions or concerns about the ProtoCessor. Please contact
    408-964-4433 or Email Address Removed

Thanks,

ProtoMan
    Need to remove email from post.

Just out of curiosity, whey are you turning the boiler on and off regularly on the switch?
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 02-26-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Email Address Removed
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Post Likes
    Thanks for the thoughts, I will be using the contact info on Monday.

I don't necessarily think it is the Jace but I don't have much control over the protocessor board. I know how to pull the information out of it but I'm hesitant since we have had a lot of problems.

The reason the boiler gets shut down all the time... that is a great question. Too many changes are going on and every time someone is up there it needs to be turned off for whatever changes happen to be slated for the day.

I was just curious if there are settings I haven't found that might help in having the Jace recognize that the boiler is back online. As a side thought all the other controllers on the bacnet network are always very responsive. I have a few AAM controllers, a humidifier, and some power monitors that never have an issue.

Post Likes
    Norton,

The question I have is when the Jace notices a device off line for a certain amount of time, does it continue to poll that device or does it stop polling for a while and retries later?

Once the the boiler is brought back up, the Protocessor immediately has good comms and is waiting for poll from the Jace.

Call the number above and they will give instructions to run some software and which will tell you quickly who is not responding properly. There is good chance that you have the BACnet BTL version of ProtoCessor. If this is the case, the device is operating according to the spec and something external is keeping it from coming back on line in a timely manner.

ProtoMan

Post Likes
    What are the identifying features of the BTL listed protocessor board? If it is dip switches then we don't have that. We are currently using the legacy board.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in