been having problems on a heidelberg press M#538909 installed in 96. Unit has a technotrans controler FKT-C-20000L-H-, tre31 controller and more cards that run 24v DC. Has 2 parts that get cooling from same cct. one that cools rolers(tempering), the other cools a batch tank with a water/alcohol solution(dampening). Before I got there 2 other companys had already been there and told them controler card hooped! They ended up changing card and still no luck. Each evap. cools water then circulates it to rollers and dampening parts on press. solinods that pump down the refrigeration were not getting signal, found flow switch fried on water circ. going to rollers. Jumped out switch reset, 1 solinoid now working. Problem is other not opening for the dampening portion of press. I have checked coil, it's good but machine seems to lock out because dampenig portion is out of set point range. When I get the solinoid open my pressures seem to be OK 60&235psig so i'm thinkin that somthings not set right in controller. Any help greatly apreciated.

Tehnotrans is one of several chillers that are used with printing presses. I work on a bunch of Technotrans chillers in this area.

The chillers are made in California now but the FKT is a European made chiller.

I can give you a phone number of "The Man" in the California office. He usually can email me whatever I need in the way of manuals.

There is a sub-menu to set the lock out settings.

I worked on a FKT 3000 a month ago. It was giving strange error codes and locking out. You could not reset it.
    I ended up killing the power and letting the PLC and controller reboot. That fixed everything.

Let me know if you need the name and number.

My email is in my profile.

[Edited by wolfdog on 05-19-2005 at 12:01 AM]

Thanks for info wolf, please do send me name & # of dude in California.

My email is in my profile.
    Email me and I will send it back to you directly.

I don't think he would appreciate his number plastered on the internet.

check your email.