THE CONVENTION - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: THE CONVENTION

Pricey

The most I have ever payed for a room was 150. Gonna have to be a very good summer if I'm willing to go over that.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

The boat thing sounds cool, anyway, it's hard to get a head count, BC said he would help with the advertising and put up a banner, I guess now would be the time if we sure of;
    Place-Baltimore Inner Harbor
    Dates- Sept 9-10-11

If you want to stay in a cheaper hotel you can, you just have to get to the inner harbor area on friday afternoon or early evening and Sat.
    So we need to pick a hotel.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

What would you guys like the plan to be on Saturday ? There are no "picnic" areas right in the Harbor. If that is the plan I will try to find a park near by that allows beer !

What about the party boat idea? How long does that last, can it be late into the night or what?

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    What about the party boat idea? How long does that last, can it be late into the night or what?
    Click on refertech's link he posted on page 5 ...says they charter for "midnight cruises " that have a full bar and even live music....I guess the more people the cheaper it would be.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Wow- 11:30pm-2:00 am.

and we'll be tanked before we get on the boat. Hope somebody takes a camera so we can remember it! I'd guess I'm falling in. Woooohoooooo!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

The hotel price is not that bad when we consider that everything is right there. I just checked the water taxi. For $8 a day you can take a water taxi (boat) to most places around the harbor including Fort McHenry.

http://www.thewatertaxi.com/index2.html

If we got together in one of the rooms of the hotel on arrival Friday we could all walk on down to the cruise for an 11:00pm to 2:00 am cruise around the harbor and up the Patapsco River. This way we could weed out those who can't hold their alcohol early in the weekend. Most overboards wash up around Pier 5 within a few days.

Then, Saturday could be a "do as you please" with those with common interests doing what they like to do around the Harbor. There is the National Aquariam, the Science Center, an Orioles ballgame, shopping galore, boat rides, tour a frigate or a sub etc.

Saturday evening could then be the crab feast at wherever we get the best deal. There is a place less then 2 miles from the hotel that has a traditional South Bawlmer feel to it that is supposed to have the best crabs, but there are also good restaurants that serve crabs very close to the hotel.

Sunday would be a do what you want day before leaving. For anyone who likes Italian food I highly recommend having lunch in Little Italy (An entire Italian neighborhood) before leaving. During the Baltimore race riots in 1969 Little Italy was the only downtown area not vandalized. The presence of three piece suited Italians with shotguns and automatic weapons walking the street can be a deterent for anyone thinking about being destructive.

[Edited by RoBoTeq on 05-25-2005 at 05:25 PM]
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Anyway, for now........it's the 26-27-28 of August and many of us staying in the Inner Harbor area?
    Sounds like a plan.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I think I will check back with this thread in two weeks...

Ya think it wont happen?

Personally the more the merrier but I dont care if only 10 or 12 people go. I have a pretty good idea which 10-12 it will be [Counting on you and Miss Lynda, Muskie] and I know it will be a kick in the ass time.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

The party boat and crabs sounds too good to pass up! The wife and I live about 3 hours away from Bawlimer. We won't be able to come in for all three days, but a day trip up there may be doable if my work schedule can be altered. I'd like to meet ya'll in person. If a date and price can be pinned down, I'd like to try to swing it!
    P.S. Will Jose Cuervo be welcome?

Originally posted by btexpress
    P.S. Will Jose Cuervo be welcome?
    The "Teq" in RoBoTeq stands for "tequila". At the last convention I had several tequilas for tasting available.

José Cuèrvo has finally come around to making most of their tequilas true tequilas with 100% blue agave, so yes, it will be welcome.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Last year by the time everyone got in and we had a few beers and did the tour, most of us were spent. Ya know, after a long day of travel and then the meet & greet in Beenies room and then the tour. I'm not sure we will all hold up for a midnight cruise after all that.
    I really think the advantage of paying for a nice room in the inner harbor is just to find somewhere we can walk to and maybe do some bar hopping and stuff on Friday.
    As far as paying for an organized boat thingy, I think Sat would be better....JMHO.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast