Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: THE CONVENTION

Well.........I checked and found out the Ravens have a home game on the 11th, Sunday night ESPN game..
    Sooooo we either have to get our reservations early or pick another date, it might make things tough with that game.....whadda ya think??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Is that the beginning of the football season? If so it will be crowded. After a few games the crowd dies down.

Still, that is the last night so it may not affect the weekend. There is plenty to keep us active right from the Inner Harbor area. There are boat cruises night and day. There is the short trip to Fort McHenry. The National Aquariam is right there and is not very crowded on Friday evenings. The U.S. Frigate Constellation is good for an hour or so (This sailing ship was recommisioned during WWII to be sunk in the North Harbor to block German subs.)

There is a massive amount of places to eat and a lot of unique shopping all in the Inner Harbor area. While Annapolis, Antietam, Gettysburg and many other close by places are really nice, there really will not be time.

I will look into some cruises and such. Maybe we can do a party boat.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    We are in the middle of trying to find a place to cohabitate so we don't even know where we will be living.
    You would already be married if you taught her how to Calibrate instead of Cohabiting.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Pontoon boats hold 10-15 people each. There are a few places that rent them right around the Harbour. I know a few secluded beach's only accessable by boat withen minutes of the Harbour that are good for partying. Just a thought.

Hmmm... almost 4000 miles by motorcycle in September....

No wife/GF to show off... Motorcycle that is tired and old... Could be snowing here when I leave....

Sounds good to me.

Oh... is Baltimore in Europe? I know it's in an Engish speaking country.... I think.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

the lady baltimore, and the other boat, have crab feast cruises on friday nights, perhaps we could rent out the whole boat, i know it is big enough to house a wedding reception full of people, so our group shouldnt be a problem, how many people we talkin here?

Originally posted by derrick1623
    the lady baltimore, and the other boat, have crab feast cruises on friday nights, perhaps we could rent out the whole boat, i know it is big enough to house a wedding reception full of people, so our group shouldnt be a problem, how many people we talkin here?
    This sounds perfect. Harbor cruising and Maryland crabs at the same time. I highly recommend something like this. I wonder if they serve Natty Boh?

Originally posted by derrick1623
    That is a great idea. I am sure Robo is already on top of it but I will look into it as well.

http://www.harborcruises.com/meetings.htm
    If you plan on comming speak up now. If we plan on something like this we need to get the ball rollin on it.

Sounds like a great deal. If i fly up can i have all the goodman secrets robo ? really are the areas close or do i need a car? Are Missouri tech reps welcome ?
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

There is enough to do within walking distance if we stay in a hotel in the Inner Harbor. If some want to do Fort McHenry it will require a short ride.

Will an all day event on a boat ride split the group up for the ones that may show up late?

Originally posted by RoBoTeq

This sounds perfect. Harbor cruising and Maryland crabs at the same time. I highly recommend something like this. I wonder if they serve Natty Boh? [/B]
    I remember in jr high the whole 9th grade took a cruise down to Annapolis on the old Port Welcome spent half a day walkin around had lunch then back to Balt.

Annapolis is a beautiful place .... they try to preserve the way it looked back in the late 1700's ...lots of nice seafood restaurants right on the water... I know it's alot to try and cram in on just a weekend....but some may stay a few extra days and it's definitely worth a look.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast