Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin

I did.

There is nothing at this time apparently.
    Steamfitters Local 601

Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    I did.

There is nothing at this time apparently.
    That sucks. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

check your pm

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

k thanks.

and for the record for everyone else. I'm not crabby, just bored haha.

also, I'm not one of those zomg everyone needs to be union! guys. I just happen to be in the union trying to make a living just like everyone else.
    Steamfitters Local 601

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    In all fairness.....it is happening. As much as I hate to post it:

http://www.fox6now.com/news/investig...,1471980.story

This is why I can't stand it when people roll the public and private sector together along with labor and trade unions. I hate being associated with some of these other unions.
    That is one big can of worms.....

The board members to the MATC are appointed not elected.
    Past and present teachers are appointing them.

I agree with all the cuts and I can understand his reasoning for getting rid of collective bargaining, but IMO getting rid of CB is not a good idea. I'm no psychic but I fear this will have a negative effect on the country. I just hope companies don't see this as an open door to operate as the United States of China.

I just want what's best for US. It really sucks having to put faith in a (R) or (D). I hate to have to trust anybody in our government.
    Walker is trying to get rid of collective bargaining for benefits but not wages. How many employees at any job get to negotiate health insurance? Did you know that federal employees have no collective bargaining rights? By the way, we are headed towards the United States of China, but it's because they own our @ss. But that's a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    That is one big can of worms.....

The board members to the MATC are appointed not elected.
    Past and present teachers are appointing them.
    Another...lol

http://www.fox6now.com/news/politics...0,884390.story

-supertek65

Labor unions are pulling off multiple schemes that bilk Americans out of their tax dollars. Unions and large corporations are getting excemptions from having to pay into Obamacare, even though both unions and huge corporations supported Obamacare.

So what gives? Large corporations can run their own insurance programs must more effectively then government ever can. Unions however have another reason for getting over 200 excemptions from Obamacare so far. Unions are using collective bargaining to force government to buy insurance only from higher priced approved insurance carriers. And who owns these insurance carriers? The unions do!

This scheme is just not that far from it's innovation which is when organized crime forced merchants to buy insurance policies from them to protect them from anything bad that might happen. Of course, the only bad that was going to happen was that the thugs were going to destroy your business and possibly injure or kill you in the process if you don't buy insurance to preven them from doing that to you.

The beauty of organized crimmm......er, labors method of operation is that they have bought and bullied their way into government in order to get all Americans to pay for what only a few really benefit from. In other words, organized cri....labor is using Communism to pull off a major feat of Capitalism that only benefits themselves.

Unions and elitist polititions have manipulated the laws of the U.S. to force the collective many workers of the country to all pool our money together so that the elitists can live very well off of the fruits of our labor.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Think about it;
    Whether public sector or private sector, labor unions can only exist because government intervention forces citizens to pay more for products and services. Most of the work provided by the private sector union companies is done under conditions that are governed by government union protection laws by means of the use of government monies either directly in payment of or by loans.
    This proves you have no concept on how unions work....

You are beating an empty drum my friend.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    There is a big difference in private and public sector unions. Private sector unions have two parties that bargain with each other. The owners, and the union. The public sector unions basically bargain with themselves. The elected and unelected officials that negotiate with the public sector unions often don't care what the cost of these contracts are. That is why we have public employees with benefit costs near 40k not including their pay. We have a 3.6 billion dollar deficit here (second largest per capita in the country), and like it or not, cuts have to be made from somewhere.
    Just not from Walkers big corporate donors. He gave them a $140,000,000 tax break almost as soon as he got into office.

Now he wants those rich, selfish, S600 Mercedes driving bottom feeding teachers to pay their fair share. Next are the firemen and policemen. They are gimme selfish pigs too. How about the garbage man. Those blood suckers really need to be put in their places.

The Koch Brothers babies need new shoes.

The highest paid teacher in Madison earns $50,770 plus bennies which I doubt add up to $40,000. I hardly call that a lot of money. To earn the highest pay a teacher would have to be a few years post masters degree.

The average time in college to get a bachelors degree in education is five years, 4 years if you go to summer school. There is an additional two years to earn a masters degree.

A lot of schooling for national average private sector wages. BTW, teachers starting pay in Wisconsin is $30,000 plus bennies. It goes as low as $23,500 for K-6 starting teachers. The biggest benefit is the vacation schedule. These stats are from 2009.

Oh, The teachers union has conceded to all of Walkers demands except the severe cuts in their collective bargaining rights. This situation has now boiled down to union busting
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    \
    The highest paid teacher in Madison earns $50,770 plus bennies which I doubt add up to $40,000. I hardly call that a lot of money.
    Where on earth did you get that from? lol

See for yourself. Wait for the page to completely load. Sometimes it takes a few seconds.
    http://www.postcrescent.com/article/...82987806891030
    If it doesn't work just search for teachers in the Madison district, Dane county.

-supertek65

Here are two from the first page without looking through all of them...

$60k+$22k
    http://www.postcrescent.com/article/...e=&CPIorderBy=

$72k+$40k

-supertek65

Here are two from the first page without looking through all of them...

$60k+$22k

$72k+$40k
    Can't see it on a Firefox browser because of the bad advertising code on the page.

There will be many high paid administrators in any school system. Our superintendent of schools here earns $160,000 a year. I can see the job title search choices and it seems to go from highest to lowest paid. Teachers are very close to the bottom. I would also have to see a breakdown of the benefits packages. One trick is to include three months of their salary as a benefit because they have a very good vacation schedule. The problem is they don't remove the amount from the salary total.

The stats I quoted came from a friend who was a special ed teacher in Madison. Now she works in administration. Her job required a Phd. in education. Nine years of college. Administrators are well paid. She has been there 25 years. If it is in electronic form I will post it.

The salaries you posted I consider to be well within the area that someone should earn with the amount of higher education required to get the job. Also, Madison is not the cheapest place in the world to live.

The good news is teachers can get good private jobs due to their level of education. As we cut teachers wages we lose the good ones. It used to be, "those who can, teach" now it is, "those who can, are smart enough not to teach".

I feel it is very wrong to ride the backs of middle class workers to solve budget problems created by Wall Street bubbles and thirty years of Reaganomics and Clintonomics. The crash of 08 hurt many states. The loss of state revenue due to outsourcing and massive unemployment is staggering to state budgets.

The new crop of Tea Partyers do not offer any real solutions. I predict Walker will be recalled next January and the citizens of Wisconsin will start a recall of at least eight Republican senators in the state immediately. Call it buyers remorse.

http://www.unitedwisconsin.com

I do see big future budget problems overall and it does not include any public or non public union workers. 11% of the workforce is unionized in this country. If every union job was eliminated today, and everyone went to paupers wages, it would not solve a single state budget problem in the long run.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Those were teacher wages and benefits. How many would love to get that and have summers off???

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast