Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin

I am not really qualified to talk too loud as I have only been on this side of the fence. However, I know of three decent tinners that have been benched for 6+ months...if they weren't union, they would be judged on skill not seniority.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Think about it;

When an organization can only exist because corruptly bribed politicians pass laws that force citizens to pay more for products and services in order to support that organization because that organization only takes from the economy while putting absolutely nothing back into it...we are no longer a free society. This is how Communism works. Capitalism in a free society works itsef out when government passes laws that protect "ALL" of the citizens and not just a minority of citizens who belong to corrupt organizations.

Whether public sector or private sector, labor unions can only exist because government intervention forces citizens to pay more for products and services. Most of the work provided by the private sector union companies is done under conditions that are governed by government union protection laws by means of the use of government monies either directly in payment of or by loans.

The billions of dollars above and beyond the cost of goods and services that goes to labor unions is paid for in one way or another by every citizen through taxation. We all pay for the benefit of a few to support an organization made up of and conducting business in the same way that organized crime did before organized crime was made legal.

If any organization, government agency or business cannot afford to operate because of a factor in that operation that costs a lot of money without creating any revenue whatsoever, it only makes sense to get rid of what is costly with no financial benefit to the organization, government agency or business.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    I am not really qualified to talk too loud as I have only been on this side of the fence. However, I know of three decent tinners that have been benched for 6+ months...if they weren't union, they would be judged on skill not seniority.
    I hear you!!

In WI, the unions agreed to wage and healthcare concessions and Gov. Walker said that's not good enough and has proceeded to steamroll the unions in an effort to eliminate the Union by eliminating collective bargaining. It is an idelogical judgement, not a judgement of necessity- that is where most of the rub is. He is just breaking the union- 'for fun', if you will. Collective bargaining is unionization.

Oddly one never see's the Local or State level politicians taking pay cuts, or increasing their medical co-pays... never.

There are good sized co out there that CAN handle those big jobs.
    You and I both know that they are few and far between in this area.

And it just so happens that the biggest one (located near the protest area ) is well know to be one of the bigger hack companies in the state.
    Low bid gets the job though....

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

C'mon man. The trade in this state is hurting bad, we all know that.
    You can honetly say that you are 100% positive that they are sitting not because it's slow, but because some underground conspiracy association within the union to keep slouches working...lol? Our company has lost dozens of good guy because we don't have enough work to keep everybody. They tried to keep everybody around but eventually people had to go. 90% of the companies out there did the same. It sucks. Companies really aren't hiring right now. They just seem to be sitting tight until things turn around.

-supertek65

Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeitall View Post
    In WI, the unions agreed to wage and healthcare concessions and Gov. Walker said that's not good enough and has proceeded to steamroll the unions in an effort to eliminate the Union by eliminating collective bargaining. It is an idelogical judgement, not a judgement of necessity- that is where most of the rub is. He is just breaking the union- 'for fun', if you will. Collective bargaining is unionization.

Oddly one never see's the Local or State level politicians taking pay cuts, or increasing their medical co-pays... never.
    the union has agreed to the cuts. they gave Walker what he needed to make the budget...but he wants to eliminate their rights to collective bargaining.
    watch the Daily Show video...it's funny.

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/aut...onmadison.html
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

I've got news for the economically uninformed. If you adjust GDP for inflation, the economy has not grown for 10 years. There was a major uptick when the stimulus took off last year, but it is headed down again.

What has changed is income distribution. Almost 75% of the spending economy has traditionally been the middle and lower classes, and their incomes have been drastically cut since the early 1980's. The economic cycles have been there, but each top has been lower. During the past 10 years, we have not grown at all, it has been steady contraction. If growth is adjusted for inflation, the net result of what I believe is the effect of income distribution change up to the higher income groups, is easily identifiable.

Without substantial structural changes, such as regulatory and taxation changes to redistribute income back down the economic distribution scale, or perhaps massive new innovation that breaks up the corporate status quo, we can expect even more serious economic problems in the near future. The economic data that I have indicates extreme weakness in the economy and it has and is getting progressively more serious.

Some folks study the stock market,my hobby is the money supply.Inflation and deflation is death to a currency,based on low liquidity and high interest rates.

Last year commodities (hard asset) based outperfomed stocks,and dollars.

I place no faith in the Congress critters to resolve this dire situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Bob View Post
    I hear you!!
    what makes you guys think that seniority has anything to do with anything??

this is part of the problem with you non union guys that pretend to have any idea how things work in the union. you don't.

seniority??..no such thing
    you can't get fired/laid off/let go??..yes you can.
    they say "you're done" and hand you your check...end of story. no going to some magical union wizard to get your job back. you call the hall and tell them your out of work and head to the unemployment office. around here you can find your own work or wait until a company calls the hall for help.
    way too much mis-information from some of you guys.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

It is my belief that the 14 that walked off there jobs in Cheeseland are stalling so local governments can push through sweetheart union deals before the bill passes. just as soon as all the sweetheart deals are done the missing 14 will be back.

I remember Barrack saying he would fight for unions when he ran, I remember thinking who will you be fighting with. On one side of the negotiating table would be the Unions saying give me and on the other side of the table Obama saying sure no problem. meanwhile the tax payer as usual has no one at the table for him/her.

I think this is why WI government needs this bill so the taxpayer can have representation.

Holy Cow, Obama gave the Union Government Motors need more proof that that, I don't.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    On one side of the negotiating table would be the Unions saying give me and on the other side of the table Obama saying sure no problem. meanwhile the tax payer as usual has no one at the table for him/her.
    Thats the whole problem with public unions.

-supertek65

I think these states need to cut back on spending to.They need to start with public aid and people that are not supposed to be here. Unions are easy targets. From what i hear on talk radio unions are powerful and crooked and root to all evil.If thats the case why did it take so long to get a democrat in power. There are crooks on both sides of the fence we had one in for 8 years remember.Iam not a big obama fan.I never hear about how much any state spends on public aid.I just think if they cut the stuff that needs to be cut(not the people that are working and paying their share) we all would be better off.
    work to live not live to work.

Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    It is my belief that the 14 that walked off there jobs in Cheeseland are stalling so local governments can push through sweetheart union deals before the bill passes. just as soon as all the sweetheart deals are done the missing 14 will be back.
    what sweetheart deals?? proof?

Republicans hold a 19-14 majority but need a quorum of 20 to vote on spending bills. The Democrats fled the state out of fear they could be compelled to attend a quorum call if they remained.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110224/..._usa_wisconsin
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast