Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin

okay i will watch the link!
    But I am not bankrupting anybody!
    I do not work for or have one single customer that is a government company!
    Free country, any customer can use my company or yours!

I buy American and spend as much money as I can on goods that are made by American citizens!

just bought a 2010 Lacrosse made here in my home town!

Quote Originally Posted by rickboggs View Post
    Watch the link!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!just watched the link!

what an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure but was he thinking 60 (all 57, missed one, can't go to Alaska and Hawaii) Is that 60?

Thank you for buying American.

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah!
    I never get out of Kansa
    been meaning to save up and travel!
    Always wanted to see the other 59 states!
    especially Washington DC!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rickboggs View Post
    I'm not sure but was he thinking 60 (all 57, missed one, can't go to Alaska and Hawaii) Is that 60?

Thank you for buying American.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyrollin View Post
    You guys are gonna help bankrupt your state, then you wont have a pension anymore.
    Funny, you must think I am in the public sector union or part of the UAW bailout, you are wrong I work in the private sector, the free economy.

As for the pensions... Don't you find it funny that when the politicians run low on money in their budgets they dip their hands in the public service union pension funds then have the balls to never repay it?

Believe all the crap you want but gather all the facts before condemning all unions.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

I've always been pro whatever works for you, and I don't like to choose with unions.

What I DO find interesting, is how the goverment is deciding if they can basically dissolve or not deal with unions, while they force companies to.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

I can only guess that you are talking aout teachers unions?????????????

I am a union worker and have never been forced to deal with a union of any sort?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    I've always been pro whatever works for you, and I don't like to choose with unions.

What I DO find interesting, is how the goverment is deciding if they can basically dissolve or not deal with unions, while they force companies to.

There is a big difference in private and public sector unions. Private sector unions have two parties that bargain with each other. The owners, and the union. The public sector unions basically bargain with themselves. The elected and unelected officials that negotiate with the public sector unions often don't care what the cost of these contracts are. That is why we have public employees with benefit costs near 40k not including their pay. We have a 3.6 billion dollar deficit here (second largest per capita in the country), and like it or not, cuts have to be made from somewhere.

I know very little about this but?
    Does that mean that the teachers are going to be taking a pay cut?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    There is a big difference in private and public sector unions. Private sector unions have two parties that bargain with each other. The owners, and the union. The public sector unions basically bargain with themselves. The elected and unelected officials that negotiate with the public sector unions often don't care what the cost of these contracts are. That is why we have public employees with benefit costs near 40k not including their pay. We have a 3.6 billion dollar deficit here (second largest per capita in the country), and like it or not, cuts have to be made from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I know very little about this but?
    Does that mean that the teachers are going to be taking a pay cut?????????????
    Maybe? The weird thing is, the teachers have contracts with the local municipalities and are not state employees. The state employees will be asked to pay a small amount towards their pension and health insurance, but it will still be far less than the average employee in the state contributes, union or not. For some reason, the state employees are not really protesting. It seems to be mostly teachers. The one thing in this bill that has the union leadership freaked, is where it basically make union dues optional.

that is interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

optional dues! HMMMMMMMM????????????

wonder how well that would go?????????????

I would be curious to know what the average salaries are in right to work states and in strong union states??????????

Quote Originally Posted by DesMech View Post
    Maybe? The weird thing is, the teachers have contracts with the local municipalities and are not state employees. The state employees will be asked to pay a small amount towards their pension and health insurance, but it will still be far less than the average employee in the state contributes, union or not. For some reason, the state employees are not really protesting. It seems to be mostly teachers. The one thing in this bill that has the union leadership freaked, is where it basically make union dues optional.

it is called union busting,
    work to live not live to work.

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Because we have the manpower, training, and qualifications to get the job done.

Let's say you and your one man operation decide they want to make it big tomorrow so you go out and bid a 20 million dollar hospital mechanical build... You win the bid.

Where are you going to get 90 pipefitters, 45 med gas certified brazers, 25 welders, 10 stainless certified welders, 15 HVAC techs, 20 controls certified guys from?

The project starts in 30 days. How do you expect to get and train these men? Craigslist? local paper classifieds? Monster.com?
    I sure wouldn't bid on a job that size, but I would love to bid on a school cafeteria remodel! There are good sized co out there that CAN handle those big jobs.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast