Frown

Hello all,
    I'm new on here. My house was built in 1979 about 1700sft. My A/C ( Carrier, 2 ton, made in 1983 ) is not working. My furnace ( Clare, original with the house) is working fine. But it is a belt-drive blower. I need a new AC. Should I replace my furnace as well? If I replace the AC, will the belt-drive blower working fine with the new AC? Please help or any advice will appreciated.

replace both units

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Based on the age ,I'd suggest replacing it now,for the labor savings of doing both at the same time,and to get a more efficient furnace.

If you aren't replacing the outdoor A/C unit,ask if the coil you are buying will meet the new 13 SEER minimum ,that goes into effect 1/23/2006.If not you could be buying another coil when the outdoor A/C unit needs to be replaced.

I dont think it matters because the blower just moves air accross the coil. So as long as you can wire that blower into the new system I would guess all should be well.

furnace is 26 yrs old. i would replace whole system, much cheaper to do all at once than to come back in a few years and redo ductwork again to do furnace

I would replace them both.

Clare are no longer made anymore, and has been some what troublesome.

Seeing that you are from the great White North, Would be worthwhile to change out the furnace to a 90% 2-stage, and No need to go any higher than 13 SEER on the A/C.