help with Lennox g71mpp and error E225

Anyone have any ideas what would be giving me the E225 error code?
    Furnace less than 1 year old. Been getting the error a couple times a week for the last 2 months. (that I've noticed. I think it can reset itself from an error?)

Techs came out 3 times, but still not fixed. The last time out they noticed a water stain/leak inside the cabinet. They replaced a "tray" inside, but I got the E225 a couple days later. They are coming out again next week. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions I could give them.

Pics of install attached.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Did you mean they change the cold collect box cover? Lennox has a service note on that. And another thing, the ac drain line is connected to the furnace drain line, Lennox requires seperate drain line for furnace only now.

Look in your owners manual to see what the 225 error means. Static pressure tests are a good thing to have them check on the return trip.

Quote Originally Posted by vibration View Post
    Did you mean they change the cold collect box cover? Lennox has a service note on that. And another thing, the ac drain line is connected to the furnace drain line, Lennox requires seperate drain line for furnace only now.
    not sure what it was called that they replaced. The second photo I posted shows the water stain inside. They replaced some "tray" inside that hold water, they said.

Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    Look in your owners manual to see what the 225 error means. Static pressure tests are a good thing to have them check on the return trip.
    the e225 code says High Pressure Switch Failed Open. First tech checked the switch and said it was ok.
    The last tech mentioned he might do a pressure test, but not sure if he did one.

Tech came back today. He found a crack in the grey−colored condensate trap, where the screw attaches it to the cabinet. Replaced it. Hopefully fixed now.

30 minutes after replacing trap, code E225 came back. He adjusted the slope on the furnace. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by 14bosox View Post
    30 minutes after replacing trap, code E225 came back. He adjusted the slope on the furnace. Fingers crossed.
    I would verify the venting is the correct size and that it's sloped back to the furnace. It's possible the combustion blower may not be spinning properly preventing the high pressure switch from closing.

G71 has a self calibrating variable speed inducer. I hope your contractor is familiar with this furnace. Regardless of how the inducer runs, it still has to produce enough pressure to close that switch. Any technician should be able to diagnose this as long as the problem occurs in front of them. Do not allow them to waste your time (or theirs as well) without a digital manometer to check this pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by big sky hvac View Post
    I would verify the venting is the correct size and that it's sloped back to the furnace. It's possible the combustion blower may not be spinning properly preventing the high pressure switch from closing.
    Venting is 2" pvc. Runs up about 4', then over to outside wall about 10' away. It slopes 3-4" back to furnace in that 10' run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hheating View Post
    G71 has a self calibrating variable speed inducer. I hope your contractor is familiar with this furnace. Regardless of how the inducer runs, it still has to produce enough pressure to close that switch. Any technician should be able to diagnose this as long as the problem occurs in front of them. Do not allow them to waste your time (or theirs as well) without a digital manometer to check this pressure.
    I will mention this if they have to come back out.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Hopefully this is my last update!
    The tech that came out on 3/7 had called to the national tech support(?). They suggested tipping the furnace forward slightly. They also had the tech blow out the hoses connecting to the pressure switches. The tech said there was a small trace of water that came out.
    Haven't noticed the error in the 3 weeks since.