Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Robo- So for the record- you are declaring that you could easily choose to be gay but so far you have not chosen that. Interesting.

We hetero folks don't believe in this "choice crap" you are pushing. If we did, we clearly wouldn't be hetero...

Why do you hate the gays so much if you yourself believe you're only a coin toss away from being one of them? From where I'm standing, that makes you just as queer as the folks you pretend to hate...

Or is this thread your "coming out thread" where you explain why you're hugging a man in your HVAC-talk profile picture...
    Of course our sexual preferences are choices. First we check out different things and then we choose what we like. What we like could be based on many different aspects, convenience being a major factor.

With homosexuallity being advertized and marketed as much as it has been continuing to be, it makes it easier for our children to choose trying out homosexuallity. It takes the inconvenience of having to learn to deal with the opposite sex out of the equation of choosing how to have sexual relations. Is that really how we should be choosing our mates?

As far as my choosing sexual orientation, as a youth I was just as confused about sexuallity as all young men are. Whether we want to remember having confusing thoughts of sexuallity or not, we all go through the process. I, as most men my age, was fortunate enough to have the guidance from others to stay away from homosexuallity because of the social, theological and physical pitfalls that come with making homosexuallity a life choice.

Through hard work and dedication, I, like most men, learned that sexual relations with the opposite sex is not only natural but very rewarding in ways that homosexual sex can never be.

So yes, homosexuallity is a choice. Granted, some men are raised in an environment that may teach them to lean toward homosexuallity. A boy raised by a dominate mother who has complete disdain for other women and constantly teaches that boy that women are disgusting creatures who will hurt them emotionally and use them financially just may figure that when puberty hits, it's a lot better to have sex with another guy then to try to deal with one of those awful women.

Once again, if homosexuallity is due to some sort of mutated gene, which there is absolutely no medical or scientific evidence of that has any merit with any mainstream acadamia, then that is a condition that we can cure just like any other genetic disorder.

However, I will conclude that since much of the homosexuallity argument is based on theology, I have no right to condemn someone for being a homosexual and I will protect the rights and welfare of someone who is homosexual as much as I will protect my own. To marry is not a right for homosexuals.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Good post Robin, the explanation meets simple common sense without dogma.

If I may, I have a thought to add:

I have, over the years, had many lesbian couples as customers. There are a few things that were similar to all the couples:
    *The women had abusive men in their formative years.
    *The women are living in fear, the compensation for that fear is a controlling lifestyle.
    *Each couple has a 'butch' mate and a feminine mate... In other words one mate takes the male role of a traditional marriage, and the other one takes the female role of a traditional marriage. And guess what: The one that takes the male role behaves like a man with breasts... the one that takes the female role behaves like most other women in traditional relationships...
    *Most of them will strongly defend their relationship... yet if they were pressed to explain why... they cannot. Just their right to have the relationship is what seems important. This last sentence, IMO, is a huge clue to what is really going on.

SOOO... the evidence I have seen in these customers leads me to discern the lesbian tendency is not nature, rather learned behavior. They are, IMO, running from something they are afraid of... rather than dealing with teh issue and growing emotionally free.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Robin, you have wisdom that is way beyond your years, and are much better with words than I am.

ga-hvac-tach, I might add to your comments on lesbians. The lesbian relationship also offers a choice to those women who don't like the traditional role of women, or the traditional vision of the perfect woman (physical beauty, etc.). Many of these women also reject other aspects of traditional lifestyles (politics, religion. etc).

Robo, I'm waiting for you to give your defense of your claim that homosexuals are no more prone to child molestation than hetrosexuals. That is without going to a liberal or gay site to do so. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Here is one more thought:

With 'gay' men, most of them I have seen, seem to have 'sex on the brain'...

Now when we were teens, college, and early career age... and maybe single or newlyweds... we had 'sex on the brain' also. However when life and its pressures became the norm... we grew into a more traditional role. In other words, sex was not the ONLY focus anymore.

I wonder to myself if a gay or lesbian couple ever grows to that point... or if the primal instinct is the central focal point of their lives (and they just wear a mask in public).

The reason for this thought: What messages does a little boy or a little girl get when they grow up in a household where 'sex' is the only focus? Seems to me it would not be as emotionally healthy as traditional values.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

John I also concur with you and gary on lesbians. I have heard the exact same thing from a psychologist who made a study of this. I'm not sure about gay men. I know it is so far out there that it is hard to imagine it is a choice unless it came from child molestation and learned that way. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    John I also concur with you and gary on lesbians. I have heard the exact same thing from a psychologist who made a study of this. I'm not sure about gay men. I know it is so far out there that it is hard to imagine it is a choice unless it came from child molestation and learned that way. Thank you very much
    Robo's explanation of Gay men is as good as any I have seen recently... unless the young boy was sexually taken advantage of by a woman...

IMO alternate lifestyles are a choice, one that is generally made because of some hidden (even hidden in the minds of the one making the choice) emotional pain. Fix the pain, and the person can grow into many things. Hide from the pain, and it becomes a roller-coaster of feelings that never are really satisfied.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Obama ordered the Justice department to stop defending DOMA because he and others in the Justice department feel it is unconstitutional. This in no way implies that his administration is in anyway circumventing the judicial branch or refusing to enforce the law. What he did was save the taxpayers millions of dollars by halting the defense of DOMA. It does not mean that private groups cannot spend their money to defend DOMA in the courts. Lord knows there are plenty of homophobic groups out there with money. Let them pony up.

The reason I qouted K_fridge is because what he posted are some of the constitutional concerns with the law.
    Looks like sheik Obama is being called out on his unconstitutional way of making himself the only neccesary decision maker on the laws of the land;
    "I believe the House Republicans next week should pass a resolution instructing the president to enforce the law and to obey his own constitutional oath, and they should say if he fails to do so that they will zero out [defund] the office of [COLOR=#005497 !important][COLOR=#005497 !important]attorney [COLOR=#005497 !important]general[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and take other steps as necessary until the president agrees to do his job," said Gingrich. "His job is to enforce the rule of law and for us to start replacing the rule of law with the rule of Obama is a very dangerous precedent."
    http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...riage-reversal

Gingrich is exactly correct when he calls down the media for not jumping all over Obama for this elitist act of supremism by comparing it to if Sarah Palin had done such a thing;
    "Imagine that Governor Palin had become president. Imagine that she had announced that Roe v. Wade in her view was unconstitutional and therefore the United States government would no longer protect anyone's right to have an abortion because she personally had decided it should be changed. The news media would have gone crazy. The New York Times would have demanded her impeachment," said Gingrich.
    Let's face it folks; Obama really thinks of himself as the supreme leader.

One of the reasons I don't officiate over weddings anymore is this debate. In the end, it is a very small minority community taking a long established definition, turning it into a civil rights issue, ultimately to be used as a club against the one enemy they feel is holding them back from their societal Nirvana, the Church---as defined in Scripture. I'll not give some sodomite a foothold to make my flock conform to their agenda by opening our doors to weddings.

Do not call me phobic...I am not afraid of sodomites.

Do not call me bigoted...I am not "obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices" as a bigot should be defined.

They do not have my hatred but, they do have my pity...an average life span of 42 years, more often ended by the excesses of alcohol or suicide than AIDS, can hardly be called gay.

I do follow time tested principals that bear their fruit in my life in due season and don't kid myself with self-serving, unsupportable mental effluvium that passes for enlightened life today.

My Puritan forefathers saw marriage as a civil and not a Church affair, understanding that government rises or falls with the personal temperance of the population who installs it. If that population sees fit to honor the union of a man to a goat and sanction a bridal gift of a tube of KY to go with it, so be it. It is only the outward sign of inward rot and that has its price in due season.

The Church always seems to forget the part of the Gospel that says that those apart from God are current...not future..objects of His Wrath and that this topic in particular is a sign of current...not future...fruit of said wrath.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Robo, I'm waiting for you to give your defense of your claim that homosexuals are no more prone to child molestation than hetrosexuals. That is without going to a liberal or gay site to do so. Thank you, thank you very much
    I was kind of hoping you would do just a little research outside of the KKK weekly and understand this a little better on your own. I see that is not going to happen, so I guess I need to direct you to the proper sources.

If you take the time to read this report, you will understand this issue a lot better. http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbo...lestation.html

Here is an excerpt from this report;

Another problem related to terminology arises because sexual abuse of male children by adult men2 is often referred to as "homosexual molestation." The adjective "homosexual" (or "heterosexual" when a man abuses a female child) refers to the victim's gender in relation to that of the perpetrator. Unfortunately, people sometimes mistakenly interpret it as referring to the perpetrator's sexual orientation. To avoid this confusion, it is preferable to refer to men's sexual abuse of boys with the more accurate label of male-male molestation. Similarly, it is preferable to refer to men's abuse of girls as male-female molestation. These labels are more accurate because they describe the sex of the individuals involved but don't implicitly convey unwarranted assumptions about the perpetrator's sexual orientation.
    Then there is this exerpt from another source;
    There are both heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles, but there are far more heterosexuals pedophiles than homosexuals. In fact, the ratio is 11:1. Pedophiles will make every possible effort to be around children.
    http://childsafetips.abouttips.com/p...cteristics.php

One of the confusions is in not addressing the fact that pediphiles who live an otherwise heterosexual lifestyle are claimed to be homosexuals when their child victims are males. For the pediphile, it is the fact that the child is a child and not the gender of the child that is the attraction.

While you can find evidence that the North American Man/Boy Love Association, NAMBLA, was supported by homosexuals who were also pediphiles in the beginnings of NAMBLA, this has not been the case for some time;
    In 1994 the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) adopted a "Position Statement Regarding NAMBLA" saying GLAAD "deplores the North American Man Boy Love Association's (NAMBLA) goals, which include advocacy for sex between adult men and boys and the removal of legal protections for children. These goals constitute a form of child abuse and are repugnant to GLAAD." Also in 1994 the Board of Directors of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF) adopted a resolution on NAMBLA that said: "NGLTF condemns all abuse of minors, both sexual and any other kind, perpetrated by adults. Accordingly, NGLTF condemns the organizational goals of NAMBLA and any other such organization."...

....Almost all gay rights groups are opposed to the pedophile agenda of NAMBLA and similar organizations, and reject claims that homosexuality and gay rights can be seen as an analogy for pedophilia or the abolition of age-of-consent laws.

It is very unfortunate that the social/mental disorder pediphilia does not discriminate between heterosexual and homosexual but it statistically is more prevelent in heterosexual men and almost always in heterosexual women.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

There are both heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles, but there are far more heterosexuals pedophiles than homosexuals. In fact, the ratio is 11:1. Pedophiles will make every possible effort to be around children.

One of the confusions is in not addressing the fact that pediphiles who live an otherwise heterosexual lifestyle are claimed to be homosexuals when their child victims are males. For the pediphile, it is the fact that the child is a child and not the gender of the child that is the attraction.
    Well lets see here there are 11 hetrosexual pedophiles to every 1 homo pedophile. Now there are 49 to 99 hetrosexuals for every homosexual depending on if you use 2 or 1 % of the population is gay.

So percentage wise according to your own quote above gay men are from 5 to 10 times more often to be pedophiles than striaght men. I think that is to low but that is another argument. Homosexuals are by far more prone to be pedophiles than hetrosexuals.

So are you also saying that someone who chooses only boys to molest is not a homosexual? BS. You are buying into the defense of gay lifestyle by buying the argument that they are just like us and that male to male pedophiles are not gay. Please that is way out there and I'm not buying it. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Well lets see here there are 11 hetrosexual pedophiles to every 1 homo pedophile. Now there are 49 to 99 hetrosexuals for every homosexual depending on if you use 2 or 1 % of the population is gay.

So percentage wise according to your own quote above gay men are from 5 to 10 times more often to be pedophiles than striaght men. I think that is to low but that is another argument. Homosexuals are by far more prone to be pedophiles than hetrosexuals.

So are you also saying that someone who chooses only boys to molest is not a homosexual? BS. You are buying into the defense of gay lifestyle by buying the argument that they are just like us and that male to male pedophiles are not gay. Please that is way out there and I'm not buying it. Thank you, thank you very much
    Why are you even arguing this issue on a thread about marriage? What does this have to do with the issue of this thread?

Hell Glenn, if you want to justify your hatred for homos and Jews and all Muslims and everyone not considered Aryan, just do it. If you want to have justification for all of your prejudices, I don't care. Just please stop interrupting discussions with trying to justify your hatreds.

I can only imagine how you must feel about me because I have dark hair and brown eyes

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I was kind of hoping you would do just a little research outside of the KKK weekly and understand this a little better on your own. I see that is not going to happen, so I guess I need to direct you to the proper sources.

If you take the time to read this report, you will understand this issue a lot better. http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbo...lestation.html

Here is an excerpt from this report; Then there is this exerpt from another source; http://childsafetips.abouttips.com/p...cteristics.php

While you can find evidence that the North American Man/Boy Love Association, NAMBLA, was supported by homosexuals who were also pediphiles in the beginnings of NAMBLA, this has not been the case for some time; [/COLOR]
    It is very unfortunate that the social/mental disorder pediphilia does not discriminate between heterosexual and homosexual but it statistically is more prevelent in heterosexual men and almost always in heterosexual women.
    Interesting post Robin... I am not surprised that most of the adult to child molestation is male adult to female child. I find it kinda curious they use the hetero and homo labels... rather than say male adult to female child... or other combinations. I wonder if there is a subtle agenda in the way things are classified. Kinda like someone wants to set a standard of terminology that may not really reflect the issue.

I think folks that molest children are the lowest of the low... this is the one thing that makes my blood boil. I have stated this in other threads over the years...

If I ever came across that happening in real life (as in literally in the process in front of me)... I may loose it and literally kill the adult with my bare hands. I hope I never have to make that decision.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast