Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Is anyone really surprized Obama did this? I wasn't.

O-B-A-M-A = One Big Ass Mistake America

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy73 View Post
    Put aside your religious beliefs for a second, isn't freedom about everybody having the right to do what they want to without persecution?

It's kind of un-american to not allow gay marriage isn't it?

All the gay parents I've met are very stable people who love their child and work hard to be a good parents.

And equating homosexuality with child molesting is just silly.

It's no wonder your president won't say he supports it.
    OK, I will put aside my beliefs of what is right and wrong for a few minutes:

Now lets look at nature:

*Is there a way for two males or two females to reproduce... Obviously if a species is to procreate... a union between a male and a female is necessary.

*Does a child growing up in an 'alternate lifestyle' home get a balanced picture of a 'natural' (read that male and female) relationship... or do they get a biased view from a pair of folks rebelling against the mainstream...

*Does a child growing up in an 'alternative lifestyle' home learn how to relate healthily to both sexes... as they would to a male father and a female mother... or do they have distorted views, beliefs, and feelings?

No, this is not 'stick in the mud religion'... marriage between a man and a woman is just common sense... and folks that rebel against it (a small minority I might add) are just that: rebellious.

IMO there is a HUGE difference between freedom and rebellion.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Why do people care so much about what happens in other people's bedrooms?

To preface, I do not approve of gay marriage.

However, I do not want the federal government sticking their nose into marriage in any way, shape, or form. Marriage is a state matter.

So in a way, Obama has done the right thing; though I suspect his motives were not some I would agree with.

The question was raised about who cares what someone else does in private... Here is a thought:

Say I have worked hard to build a life for me, my wife, and my family. WE did the best we could and made the best choices based on what we had available.

Now this 'alternate lifestyle' couple moves in next door. And they have kids. Just America right... lets think a little farther:

The 'couple' dresses very provocatively and flaunts it all the time...
    The couples kids do not understand why my home has rules about sexual behavior...
    The couples kids do not understand why we go to church on Sundays...
    The couples kids have a 'the world revolves around me' attitude (they honestly do not know better); and they generally cause the environment on the street to go down hill...
    And now my property value is declining because this gay couple have lots of their friends moving in...
    Did I say they are lawyers and have an ax to grind about their rights...

Now tell me I should not care about the dumb choices of folks around me... Do the rights of the majority go down the tubes for one mixed up guy/gal? This is somewhere between rebelliousness and anarchy.

Having said this: I agree with Fridge: The federal govt needs to be out of state's business. If folks in one state (or city) want to harbor alternate lifestyles... that is their business. However if I want to not allow it in my area... and deal with the consequences... I should have that right also.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The question was raised about who cares what someone else does in private... Here is a thought:

Say I have worked hard to build a life for me, my wife, and my family. WE did the best we could and made the best choices based on what we had available.

Now this 'alternate lifestyle' couple moves in next door. And they have kids. Just America right... lets think a little farther:
    The 'couple' dresses very provocatively and flaunts it all the time...
    Not gay related.
    The couples kids do not understand why my home has rules about sexual behavior...
    Not gay Related
    The couples kids do not understand why we go to church on Sundays...
    Not gay Related
    The couples kids have a 'the world revolves around me' attitude (they honestly do not know better); and they generally cause the environment on the street to go down hill...
    Not gay Related
    And now my property value is declining because this gay couple have lots of their friends moving in...
    Ok- this one is gay related
    Did I say they are lawyers and have an ax to grind about their rights...
    Not gay Related

Looking over your list of issues, it seems pretty clear that you dislike your new theoretical neighbors because they are flaming liberals, not because they are liberal flamers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know anyone who would want to live next door to the people you described either. I just don't think that their bedroom is the issue here...

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Not gay related.
    Not gay Related
    Not gay Related
    Not gay Related
    Ok- this one is gay related
    Not gay Related

Looking over your list of issues, it seems pretty clear that you dislike your new theoretical neighbors because they are flaming liberals, not because they are liberal flamers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know anyone who would want to live next door to the people you described either. I just don't think that their bedroom is the issue here...

Not arguing with you BAC, but I know someone that lost a bundle on their home... the only solution to maintain the qauality of life they wanted was to move.

And as to it being 'not gay related'... how do you know... were you there?

The point of my post was and is:

Do the rights of one become more important than the rights of the many? Is that really what America is about?

I seriously doubt that was what the founding fathers had in mind.

What do you think?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

The problem is that they dont keep it to the bedroom. They walk down the street suckin face and holding hands.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

The gay sector of our society has the same deversities as the straight sector. A young chick dressing like a slut in public is the same as a young fag prancing in a pride parade.

My kids went to school with other kids that had gay parents, boring old gay parents. We'd stand around at school functions and birthday parties and make small talk the same as usual.

I've fixed furnaces for old gay couples that are just as picky and nervous about the job as old straight people.

What they do in their bedroom grosses me out too but I don't think it's right not to acknowledge their unions and ability to raise a family.

My kids reactions to gay parents and the transgender couple we had living in our apartment in Vancouver really surprised me. We just explained that they were different than us but nice people that derserve a hello and that's what my girls did.

When they start to learn about sex in a few years I'm sure I'll have more questions but that really is a seperate issue than their friends nice parents.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    The problem is that they dont keep it to the bedroom. They walk down the street suckin face and holding hands.
    I can say the same thing with a straight couple, where the women (or man for that matter) is 500lbs and insists on wearing a skirt showing off butt cheek, and spilling out a half shirt.....

I think its stick and wrong personally, but what they do at home is not my business no more than its anybodys business what I do at home.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

And equating homosexuality with child molesting is just silly.
    OK, let's say we do a random survey of two groups, heterosexual people and homosexual people. We'll find out what percentage of each group thinks sex between an adult and a minor is wrong. Anyone want to predict the result?

Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    OK, let's say we do a random survey of two groups, heterosexual people and homosexual people. We'll find out what percentage of each group thinks sex between an adult and a minor is wrong. Anyone want to predict the result?
    A molestor doesn't fall into either group, they exist in both and I can't see anyone thinking it's ok.

A molestor doesn't fall into either group, they exist in both and I can't see anyone thinking it's ok.
    You missed the point. It's a tendency, not an "all or nothing" deal. Individuals who practice homosexuality tend to be more liberal thinkers in other areas both related and unrelated to their sexual behavior. In simple terms, they just tend to think more things are "OK".

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast