Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Obama orders end to defense of marriage act

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/24/us...iage.html?_r=3

Eric Holder has been having a hard time doing his job all along, from Black Panthers and voting issues to Guantanamo Bay and moving prisoners to the states but this is going a bit far.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

He is soooooooooooo far out of control

We have a little something called separation of powers and the Presidency is not to be meddling with the Judicial branch! They have to enforce the law....that's their job!

WASHINGTON The White House says President Barack Obama is "grappling" with his personal views on gay marriage even as he's ordered the Justice Department to stop defending the constitutionality of a law that bans it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110223/...marriage_obama
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

We must have been typing at the same time, now a double thread.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Its all sick and wrong!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

I believe that he know that he needs votes so he's starting this kind of stuff. I'm sure there will be more to come...actually, I have no doubt more is yet to come.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Some commentator spoke on the news a few days ago about the President commenting on the labor issues in Wisconson and the soon to be labor issues in other states. Apparently obama supports the strikers.

This commentator stated that obama should be tried for treason in that he has no right, duty or anything else as President to interfer or inject his opinion or power in this local state fight.

The guy made a really good arguement. And it sure makes sense. He said obama is not paying attention to his duties or the Constitution at all....like that is new.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Sodom and Gomorrah.

A sign of a desperate politician is when they drift to extremes to garner support... In this case BHO is headed towards a very small minority.

MeThinks he KNOWS his gig is up in 2012 unless he pulls some really big rabbits out of the hat...

My : The worse things get for a while, the less folks will be stupid enough to be taken in by his BS.

AS much as I have to hold my nose on this: A combo GOP/TEA govt would make me sleep better... An ALL TEA govt would be ideal... but I doubt it would happen.

OK, let the flames begin...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Sodom and Gomorrah.
    Did you mean Sodomy and Gonerrhea?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Did you mean Sodomy and Gonerrhea?
    Yep!

Gay couples can also now adopt kids of their same sex for whatever reason now. This is sick in the extreme. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Is anyone really surprized Obama did this? I wasn't.

O-B-A-M-A = One Big Ass Mistake America

Put aside your religious beliefs for a second, isn't freedom about everybody having the right to do what they want to without persecution?

It's kind of un-american to not allow gay marriage isn't it?

All the gay parents I've met are very stable people who love their child and work hard to be a good parents.

And equating homosexuality with child molesting is just silly.

It's no wonder your president won't say he supports it.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast