Thread: Recomendation for Rheem Case Coil in a oil to NG conversion

Post Likes

Recomendation for Rheem Case Coil in a oil to NG conversion

Hello All,

I am hoping for some help. I am doing a oil to gas conversion in a 1500 sqft bungalow here in Ottawa Canada. I am converting this house into a duplex and I will be doing the install work myself and having a gas fitter to do the hook up.

The furnace I have purchased is a Rheem RGFD-07EMCKS furnace and I need to purchase a heat pump and a casecoil.
    I am interested in this heat pump RUUD UPQL030JEZ HEAT PUMP 2.5 TON 15 SEER 410 but not sure which case coil would go with this setup. Here are my choices

1) RCFLHM3824CC RHEEM CASE COIL 2.5-3.0T 410A MULTI POSITION GREEN or
    2) RCQD-4821AS RHEEM RUUD CASECOIL 16/18 SEER 48BTU 21"

Any help or suggestions for a setup using this furance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Post Likes
    We frown on unlicensed individuals buying their heat & air equipment & then self installing it. You need the federal refrigerant handling licenses to mess with refrigerant systems; also should have an HVAC contractors license.

There are far too many things that you will end-up not doing right; many of the things not done properly can be extremely costly...

Do not expect much help here; you're on your own to find the proper match-ups. Sorry, this is NOT an HVAC DIY forum...

Post Likes
    Thank you for your response Darrell,

I am not hooking anything up... I have removed all the old equipment and I am installing the furnace to the existing duct work. I am simply asking which combination is the best….
    Everything else will be installed by a licensed HVAC installer. All I am trying to do is lower an incredibly expensive install quote.

Thanks

Frank

Post Likes
    I am hoping for some help. I am doing a oil to gas conversion in a 1500 sqft bungalow here in Ottawa Canada. I am converting this house into a duplex and I will be doing the install work myself and having a gas fitter to do the hook up.
    What will be the size of each side?
    Using separate furnaces for each side?

Quote Originally Posted by Knarfknarf View Post
    Thank you for your response Darrell,

I am not hooking anything up... I have removed all the old equipment and I am installing the furnace to the existing duct work. I am simply asking which combination is the best….
    Everything else will be installed by a licensed HVAC installer. All I am trying to do is lower an incredibly expensive install quote. Thanks, Frank
    Well, a moderator will need to address your problem, concerning what help we can provide on this forum.

A heat-loss heat-gain calc should be performed to determine if cost effective weatherization is indicated in order to reduce equipment sizing. Also, a manual D duct airflow analysis ought to be performed so the system will perform properly.

For many reasons, it is good that you are converting from oil to gas.

Post Likes
    Hello Darrell,

The bungalow is 48' x 26' 8' ceilings. Both units will be three bedrooms. It will be a shared heating system with two zones.

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in