Amigo, Sys,
    Did one of you folks say you have the prog. guide for LonWatcher? I have been trying to teach myself BASIC and am off to a ok start. I have a couple of questions, Amigo, once I create "Virtual Inputs" do I use the BASIC code to point the "Hardware Inputs" values to the "Virtual Inputs"? If so what does the code look like? If you could e-mail me some example cut and paste codes you have done this would be great!! Many Thanks, jj.

I posted LW user guide + Freeprog code samples + Freeprog User guide in dapper's box. I figure it may be useful for him/her as well. Access it as mentioned below.
    Like anyhing else, Distech's stuff is good but probably not the best but have to see where it can be useful for you.
    Once you have read these if you have more questions then post them.
    Don't understand the "virtual point" question. Every point, HW, variables, constants, etc, gets a user entered specific name per controller and you refer to the point by this name in your basic code.
    FPC files are the complete code for a controller.
    If you want to see the basic code part, open with a text editor and scroll to the last section.

Originally posted by amigo
    13 Meg sounds like the zipped plugin itself.
    To run the plugin you need to register it in a management tool software, Lonmaker, Circon's NI, Distech's Lonwatcher, NL220, etc.

For freeprog user guide try this:
    http://www.mail.yahoo.com

yahoo id = dapperhvac
    password = hvactalk

check your inbox

JJ - Psuedo/Virtual point? - Can take different forms in LON. Maybe a NCI variable or even a ram or eeprom variable in a programmable controller.

Different ballgame than H-well.

amigo... thanks for the prog. samples and the LW users guide.
    I registered at the Distech site and was able to download the free prog plug-in in zip format. I'm still not sure what the file was that I got from their unregistered area.

Thanx Amigo, you put me on the right path. The doc's are very helpfull, BTW I am begining to like BASIC, oop's did I say that out loud!

All, I heared back from Distec about configuring the iLon100e2 with LonWatcher, and tech support said YES you can they even have classes for this apperently. I cannot configure the Loytec L-Proxy with this tool however. The user guide talks about using LM and dragging in a function block which of course you cannot do with LonWatcher soooo, I will e-mail Loytec and ask if this is possiable with LW. tata for now!!!

What Distech is talking about iLON100 classes is most likely "Type translators" where you can convert 1 SNVT type to Another. Kind of useful in some cases.

Rumor has it that LW 3.0 will be released in Beta soon and it will have dynamic nv capablities and other improvements.