1. I think you missed the first part or maybe I was not clear the $20.00/hr is after the initial hour in which the customer pays a flat rate for whatever service they have requested.Originally posted by docholiday
Ok, I missed that...
How do you out of 20 an hour pay your tech who ought to be making that much himself, pay all his pay and payroll taxes, pay all his benifits and the salaries, taxes and benefits of the office staff, put a truck full of parts on the road, gas it up, insure it, insure him, insure yourself, advertise, pay the light bill, the gas bill, the warehouse space, the workers comp, the mortgage on your building, taxes on inventory, interest on money owed because of billing, Pay yourself, cover postal expesnes, printing, office computers, chairs, tables, shelves, paper, pens, pencils, lets slip alittle profit in there. Then ask yourself how much sheetmetal tools cost, the cost of returning used refrigerant, plasma cutters, refilling torches, silver solder by the pound, screws, fittings, training, warranty bucket...Im sure others will finish the list.
2. I do not pay for benefits, if employees want benefits, they can purchase them. I have always had to pay my own benefits and I do not see why that should change for my employees. That is yet another reason American works are being replaced by outsourcing, because they want, want, want. I provide and job for individuals so they can put food on the table and cloths on their backs, it is not my responsibility to take care of all of their needs and no one has ever complained. Unions in my own opinion will be the downfall of the American worker.
3. I am managing fine with what I do, maybe you should ask yourself if you are overpaying you employee. I often take home less money than any other individual in my business, because I feel when cut backs need to be made, they should start at the top with the person making the most money. I take care of my guys/girl, I take money out of my pocket to have bbq and get-togethers so they know I appreciate them. Fortunately, my wife makes decent money where she works and I only have to pay for work she does in my business in the form of dinner.
4. So far as supplies go, I have but one thing to say, "waste not, want not."
5. Is there a reason that you continue to attack me or can you just be an adult and stop trying to hi-jack this thread?
$12.00 - $15.00, D.O.E. Standard pay for this line of work.So you pay your tech 7 bucks an hour.
Yes, 2002 Nissan Frontier V6 getting 14 mpgDoes he get to drive your company truck to and from work.
We do not have classes or seminars, we have certifications and yes we pay for certs pertaining to their work.Do you pay for him to go to seminars, and classes to stay current.
Week after 1st year two days every year after.How many weeks paid vacation does he get.
Nice to know.And yes, I get paid more then you charge an hour.
Again thank you for your valued input, although he is too old to start learning medicine lol.