Exclamation

How much for a pro to install a Aprilaire 5000 in a new construction?
    I was told $1200+? I thought the units where only $350 a piece?

1. If I have a dual HVAC system will I need 2 5000's?

2. How much does an Aprilaire 5000 cost?

3. How many hours, usually, to install?

4. Is $1200+ for 2 units installed?

Thanks for the help! DrGrooves

Senior Tech Guest
    Please read the rules, no pricing questions. Each installation varies due to just that, variables. We can't give you a fair answer with out seeing your peticular job.

Originally posted by senior tech
    Please read the rules, no pricing questions. Each installation varies due to just that, variables. We can't give you a fair answer with out seeing your peticular job.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=1241

(RULE #3)

Thumbs down Estimating OFF line

Originally posted by drgrooves
    AprilAire 5000 ... Thanks for the PROfessional Help!
    TAKE and Keep it OFFline
    ...... racingdan11@aol.com
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Non pricing answers

Drgrooves, like the board says we cannot discuss pricing. You can of course talk to several contractors and figure out a good guess what the cost will be.

You asked if you need 2 dehumidifiers when you have 2 systems. Probably the pros will tell you yes (I am not a pro, but a homeowner). In my opinion there is little to risk if you install one unit first, and observe the results. Based on my experience with a free-standing Thermastor Santa Fe, the humidity will be lowered throughout the house. You do NOT need to circulate the air as systematically as when you are dealing with temperature issues.

My Thermastor knocked about 10 points off the house humidity, measured at several places and using no more circulation than what the AC needs for its cooling. I would not have predicted that, and thought you would like to know. Dehumidification is relatively insensitive to air circulation, so there is little wrong with running 1 unit when you have 2 ACs. I am pretty convinced of this opinion.

Best of luck -- P.Student

APRILAIRE $5000

Just curious why you are installing an Aprilaire 5000 in your hvac system?
    I'd like to give you 5 reasons to install a "Permaclean SCT system" from PHASYC.COM.
    #1 CONVENIENCE- Stop remembering/forgeting to change/clean/buy your furnace filters that run you about $50 every 3 or 4 months and only catch particles as small as .3 microns.
    #2 LONGEVITY- help your system live as long a life as possible.
    #3 EFFICIENCY- There is minimal pressure drop across the filter mesh, don't choke your system with a "high efficiency filter", your system will be more efficient, thus save you money. Your 12 s.e.e.r. system delivers 12 s.e.e.r.
    #4 PERFORMANCE- When your system is breathing freely, it can better distribute air thru-out your home.
    #5 HEALTH- This system destroys V.O.C.'s bacteria, viruses etc. that will fly right thru those "high-efficiency" filters. Filters don't catch the most hazzardous particulates in your home's air.

When your h.v.a.c. system is running at top performance, and every molicule of your family's air is being purified at a rate of about 7 times an hour, $2000 shouldn't seem like a whole heck of alot of dough. Good Luck and thanx!

Thumbs down Re: APRILAIRE $5000

Originally posted by breatheasier
    "Permaclean SCT system" from PHASYC.COM.
    #Good Luck and thanx!
    WHY should one consider a company that has been in existence for ONE year ?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Re: Re: APRILAIRE $5000

Originally posted by dan sw fl
    Originally posted by breatheasier
    "Permaclean SCT system" from PHASYC.COM.
    #Good Luck and thanx!
    WHY should one consider a company that has been in existence for ONE year ?
    Good point.April aire has been in the industry longer than most of the guys on this site!research products has been around over 60 years.
    Take your time & do it right!

Don't shoot the messenger!

I'm sure the Aprilaire is a wonderful product. But noone can claim to purify the air in your home, they would be opening themselves up for a million lawsuits. Every home is differant, with differant variables. No product can guarantee against mold growing behind the drywall in your basement or leaky ducts that suck junk in from the attic, crawspace and outside. Those hepa filters are nice but they choke your system. Aprilaire's website claims it dosen't remove 20% of virus sized particles. When in fact, it dosen't "remove" anything from the airstream. It only catches it, and holds in the air stream and allows it to bio-nest for an entire year before you change the filter and the whole process begins again! Not to mention the fact that "high efficiency" filters do nothing for the mold and bacteria growing just a few feet downstream from it. Ever look at the drain hose coming from your a/c unit? The goodies growing in that hose are growing in your drain pan and in your evap. coils. Thats right, mold and mildew thriving in the perfect enviroment, and the only filters
    collecting that junk is youur families' lungs.
    Like it or not, technology is changing everything. There used to be a time when noone heard of frostless freezers and microwaves. All I'm suggesting is do your homework,
    and make a decision based on knowledge, not on peer pressure. As they say, don't send send a chicken to bring home a fox! Go to PHASYC.COM and look around, It's free for the first 100 visiters! Just kiddin'. Good Luck to ya'!

breatheasier Their is NO WAY this will keep stuff from growing in the drain line!