Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

it's the hum, and water

Yes they do like the sound...they also like the moisture sweating on the suction line. A lot of a/c's are filled with leaves and debris, dead bugs too for them to eat. Refrigerant lines also make a nice entry route into the house so they can eat people food.

Termidor SC works well on them, Chlordane is not legal, and hasn't been since 1987. As much as I try I cannot kill them all, but glad the ants are helping your business out.

Lightbulb

I put moth balls arround the contactors area. That keep them away. Try it.

99 out of 100 contactors i changed, had some sort of vegatation touching the unit, i always clear the area around the unit, treat the area with posion, and inform the homeowner of my findings. had one homeoner who finally, after 5 contactors in 4 months allowed me to cut down a shrub next to her unit. its been over a year now with no problems.
    i wanted to put a picture here

from my understanding it is a scout ant looking for food who gets drawn into the contacter from the hum and when he dies there, the other ants bring the other dead to where he died. like a barial ground or something. if you look at other areas where dead ants are the carry the dead ones to that point.

Albin,how did you casterate the moths?????

In my area we get these ugly little bugs called earwigs in the contactors, never even see them anywhere other then the inside of an a/c electrical panel.

Chlorodane

one good bath with that stuff and it will keep them away
    and away, and away

do they still sell that in texas? man that stuff workes
    out here in cali they banned it years ago

When i was a gold miner near placerville, ca. i stoped in a hardware store & on a back shef they had a quart of cloradane so i bought it, still have some left.

Originally posted by ct2
    Chlorodane

and away, and away

The ban on chlordane is nationwide. That was some serious poison.
    Dogs truly are man's best friend!!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ct2
    Chlorodane

and away, and away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ban on chlordane is nationwide. That was some serious poison.

Anything that has been banned by the EPA has got to be good stuff. I have some left and use it every other year or so and it still works better than anything you can buy today. I just delute it a little bit more with water. Then make sure I am gone for a couple of days after I spray it around the house.

Easy on the Chlordane guys. This stuff hangs around for decades after being used, no need to reapply it. This is one of the reasons Chlordane was so popular. This stuff is proven to cause blood cancers ie leukemia in people, one of the main reasons it was pulled from the market. The replacement is Ortho-Klor made by Ortho, and contains the active ingredient Bifenthrin. Ortho-Klor works just as well as Clordane for ants and termites. And no I'm not a "green". If you do use Chlordane make sure you wear protective gear. This is some really nasty stuff.

Originally posted by jdenyer
    Easy on the Chlordane guys. This stuff hangs around for decades after being used, no need to reapply it. This is one of the reasons Chlordane was so popular. This stuff is proven to cause blood cancers ie leukemia in people, one of the main reasons it was pulled from the market. The replacement is Ortho-Klor made by Ortho, and contains the active ingredient Bifenthrin. Ortho-Klor works just as well as Clordane for ants and termites. And no I'm not a "green". If you do use Chlordane make sure you wear protective gear. This is some really nasty stuff.

Hard time convincing me it works as good as chlordane and I wasn't drinking it so cancer was not a concern.

The EPA has killed other good stuff. Like R22

These ants were attracted by the crankcase heater. If a magnetic field were the attractant there would be ants all over other components. Think about it. Contacts points are warm. Crankcase heaters are warm. Ants like heat. It's as simple as that.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast