Three Contractors

Three contractors were called in from out of state to repair a fence at the White House. One from Minneasota, one from Tennessee, the other from Chicago. All meet separately with a representative from the government to quote the job.
    The contractor from Minneasota was first, takes out his tape measure, and starts to put numbers to paper. "I can do the job for $900. $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and a 100 for my profit.
    The contractor from Tennesee also does some measuring and writing, telling the rep "I figure the job for $700. $300 for materials, $300 for my men, and a hundred for my profit"
    The man from Chicago doesn't measure or figure, but leans over and whispers in the official's ear ''$2700"
    The official, incredulous, "You didn't even measure! How can you come up with such a high number?"
    The Chicagoan leans back and whispers "$1000 for you, a thousand for me, and we get the contractor from Tennesee to do the job"
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

nice.........

was it our new mayor who bid that job?

Hmm Politics

Wanna guess who would get the bid if that were a real life senario

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    Three contractors were called in from out of state to repair a fence at the White House. One from Minneasota, one from Tennessee, the other from Chicago. All meet separately with a representative from the government to quote the job.
    The contractor from Minneasota was first, takes out his tape measure, and starts to put numbers to paper. "I can do the job for $900. $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and a 100 for my profit.
    The contractor from Tennesee also does some measuring and writing, telling the rep "I figure the job for $700. $300 for materials, $300 for my men, and a hundred for my profit"
    The man from Chicago doesn't measure or figure, but leans over and whispers in the official's ear ''$2700"
    The official, incredulous, "You didn't even measure! How can you come up with such a high number?"
    The Chicagoan leans back and whispers "$1000 for you, a thousand for me, and we get the contractor from Tennesee to do the job"
    Hey! I resemble that remark...
    Learn to live, so that you may live to learn.

This actually happens on most of our jobs, it's the only way for some guys to stay in business and make some money.