Carrier Infinity Questions
    A few questions: We are in Massachusetts - should we set the fan speed to auto, low, med or high? If we set to auto will this setting work for all 4 seasons?

Humidity - what should the indoor humidity range be? Is this a constant or does it need to change with the seasons?

Thanks

My reccomendation is that the circulation speed should be low. For nice, slow, consistant airflow. Not sure about Humidity. All I know is that it should be higher in winter and lower in summer for better comfort.

Some people do better on the lower end of the "comfort envelope" as far as humidity is concerned.
    45% works well for me throughout the year
    I would try the auto setting first and just try it out before deciding on any constant fan settings.

If in the humid south, should a humidifier be used with gas furnace with infinity system? Trying to decide whether to add it up front or wait and see. I had one with the old house, but then didn't have the infinity either.
    Is it needed to get the max benefit from the humidity contol of infinity?

one more question.

Is the infinity control loud? The current carrier thermostat makes a loud click whenever system turns on or off. Very annoying.

I used to have a Thermidistat and I know the loud clicks you are talking about. I now have the The Infinity contol and it is completely silent.

Set it for low (25%), it keeps the air fresh. When it heating, cooling or dehum. it will ramp up to take care of the situation.

ps the humidity range is a personal (your comfort level) choice. I believe comfort humidity level is defined as 35 - 55 %. More humidity in winter, lower temp feels warmer. Less humidity in summer, higher temp feels cooler.

It depends.

First, keep in mind that the fan speed setting you're talking about only pertains to what the fan does when there isn't a call for heating, cooling, or dehumidification.

If your ductwork runs through unconditioned space, you're best off to avoid using the constant fan setting. Using the constant fan with the ducts in a very hot or very cold space has the effect of transferring some of that extreme into the house.

During cooling season, if humidity control is of concern, you're best off not using constant fan. Running the fan between cooling calls tends to let some of the moisture on the coil evaporate back into the airstream. The Infinity system does have some special tricks to help avoid doing that, but it can only do so much that way.

I find in my Infinity-equipped two story condo that I only really want to run the fan during mild weather to keep temperatures more equal. During hot or cold weather, the system is running enough of the time just to maintain temperature that there's plenty of airflow to keep temperatures equalized. When I do use it, low has always done the job for me.

As for humidity settings, I am generally happy with the cooling humidity set to 48% and the heating humidity set to the midpoint. The Infinity control adjusts indoor humidity to some extent based on outdoor temperature, so it doesn't readily quote a heating humidity setpoint. Doing so will generally result in a humidifier setpoint of around 35% until temperatures get into the 20s or below. (It adjusts based on outside temperature to avoid condensation forming on the walls and windows, by the way.)

As for the humidifier, how far south are we talking? I had one installed last year in my condo in Atlanta, and was much more comfortable this winter than last winter. It depends on the house itself, too, though, so wait and see isn't a terrible answer. A new, well-insulated house probably won't need one, but even in Georgia, most structures will benefit significantly from having one.