Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New maintenance guy taking over but doesn't know the summit password. Any way he can get in?

user name tracer
    password summit
    this is factory default, but is changed more times than not when system is set-up
    There is another way but will not post it.

jtricor...post the other way! I've paid way too much money for my Summit system to have ANY outside force come in and change what I've worked so hard on. So if there is another way to get into Summit after I've removed tracer as a system administrator, then I think the world out side of Trane should know about it!!!!!!!! Fork over the information before the masses revolt and pull you out of your ivory tower!!!! :O
    Def. of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results!!

Ok I will help you out here but give me a day or two just got back from a 4 day 4-wheeling with the boy, I will need to know what version of summit is at the work station.

Originally posted by incontrol
    New maintenance guy taking over but doesn't know the summit password. Any way he can get in?
    what city and state? you can send summit database to trane headquarters for password, if you use access to look at database you cane see logon.

J- how can I tell what version?

Kool- what file would I look at?

Look at the original copy of summit, on the cd you will see V and a # what I need is your Auth Code # this # can not be an upgrade # it has to be the first copy that came with work station, there is another way you can crash system with dip switches on bcu this will erase all pass words and bring back the tracer summit, you will have to back system up before doing this.
    The question I have here is: Is this your system or are you tring to hack into someones system, Iam willing to bet some one has a working pass word for system ??
    Who commission system Trane ? If its your system have them call system up and give you a pass word
    Good luck

Thanks. Maint man told me the manager knows the password, I'll check it out later. He's not happy with Trane and they are the ones that used the computer not him. Idea here is to keep Trane out.

Yes, Change there pass word or just delete it all together, I would give them a new one and not tell them till I needed some survice from them that way it is in system they just dont know it, or just pull phone line off modem this will stop anyone from calling in on it.
    I would also let trane know that it is not there system !!! if you feel that they are playing games with you find someone else to work on system, there are a lot of people that know these systems that are not employed by Trane

Yeah, but eventually they (Trane) will get you when you need upgrades or patches to the system.

I would limit Trane's access, but don't burn that bridge while you have this sytem in the building.

Good luck.

Incontrol
    Have Maintance guy take a week long trip up to Lacrosse WI they have many different levels for building owners and operators, spend some time on it first get used to do basic set-point changes so he knows his way around system, that way he will be able to apply him self better if he takes class. They have everything from entry level to some one that is programing systems, a registered copy of Summit may be required for some classes, If they are calling on Trane alot this would be worth it, Trane should not be calling up system with out owners knowledge of it. There is noway of seeing this thru Summit unless you know they made a change,it will show up who made change, but a simple phone record will show the # that called system and when.

Amigo dont get me wrong here I didnt get to where I am at in the Trane controls with out Trane and still talk to them somtimes daily, the difrence is that they also work with me as a team and everyone is a player, I wouldnt even consider using anything else because the control dept. does such a good job of working with us, I wish I could say the same about there EBS dept.

Originally posted by koolitman
    Originally posted by incontrol
    what city and state? you can send summit database to trane headquarters for password, if you use access to look at database you cane see logon.

What area in the database is the password found?
    I've looked around and found what appears to be the usernames, but I've not found the password fields.

You will not be able to find passwords in the data-base.
    If you mini-monitor in to the BCU you can find the usernames but the password will not show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast