Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coil jacks

Checked around at local supply houses for coil jacks. Can't find any locally. Anyone know where to buy them? Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

what the h*ll is a coil jack??????

I found a supplier that carries A-Jacks for just under $500. Seems like a lot for coil jacks.

t527 - Coil jacks hold the coil up in the closet when you need to slide the furnace under the coil due to not enough clearance to slide the coil in on top of the furnace when the furnace is already in the closet. Thanks.

AllTemp MFG.

What you see in the photo extend 18" after the 1st hieght
    adjustment. Coil Jack will adjust from 30" - 54" ...

Totally awesome to have to slide a furnace out from under a coil.

Cost $310.00

Sure beats the hell out of 2x4 and pvc pipe... Can really lift alot, several hundred pounds with little effort.
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

I never had any problems screwing a couple of drives or pieces of plumber strap to the plenum and to the ceiling or ceiling joists.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thanks alltemp. Where can I get them. Also, the one in the picture on the left looks like it may require 6 or 8 inches of room to get it into the closet. Have you had any clearance problems with these? Thanks again.

Arrow Drive ... Plumbers Strapp

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I never had any problems screwing a couple of drives or pieces of plumber strap to the plenum and to the ceiling or ceiling joists.
    Robo ...

You arrive to a residence the home owner has agreed to have his plugged evaporator coil cleaned/replaced. No access panels to slid it out of a cabinet... FAU is in a closet you have 2-4 " on each side... How you going to lift a big 5 ton coil up to pull the furnace out ...

EASY

A few sqeezes of the trigger on each side and the coil is lifting to any desire hieght . You coil is safely being support and you can slide your furnace out... Does not get any easier than that...

It's tools and instruments of the trade that seperate the proffesional from other companies... I have lifted so many coils to get under them or as discribed I can't count... And I am not straining to screw plumbers tape...

Work smarter not harder!

Clearance

Originally posted by theacguy
    Thanks alltemp. Where can I get them. Also, the one in the picture on the left looks like it may require 6 or 8 inches of room to get it into the closet. Have you had any clearance problems with these? Thanks again.
    Actually only requires 3" on either sdie for each jack. The small stub is to give the jack stability. But if your in a closet the coil isn't goign any where.

You can actually squeeze with the ease of two fingers, the srength is remarkable.

These are all constructed of aluminum, heliarced welded...

I started makign these back in 1995 when I ended up in a wheel chair and have been making them a few at a time ever since.

I have even built jacks that adjust 10'18' to asssit in the installation of high equipment...

Sorry Mel; I forgot you were in California with all of those "closet" units

I work for a distributor. Are you interested in mass producing those things if you had an outlet for them?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast