Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Help with Home A/C Please

I have a rudd condensing unit with R-22, at 90 degrees F. Can anyone please tell me what my suction and high pressure should be? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

[Edited by david2641 on 05-28-2005 at 07:05 PM]

Re: Need Help with Home A/C Please

[QUOTE]Originally posted by david2641
    [B]I have a rudd condensing unit with R-22, at 90 degrees F. Can anyone please tell me what my suction and high pressure should be? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Between 0 and 120 on the suction side and between 0 and 500 on the high side.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Thank you so much for the speedy response! If you could narrow the ranges down for me it would be very helpful. Can you tell I'm a novice? Thanks again.

65 and 250

As a ballpark & it depends on a lot of factors, suction should be in the range of 60 to 80 & head should be in the range of 150 to 300.

I've got a 2.5 ton heatpump, @ 90 degrees in heat mode the suction should be @ 74 and the head should be @ 255.

thank you

Have a good night.You have all been a big help

pressures dont mean a thing. subcooling and superheat is what you want.

Re: Need Help with Home A/C Please

Originally posted by david2641
    I have a rudd condensing unit with R-22, at 90 degrees F. Can anyone please tell me what my suction and high pressure should be? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

[Edited by david2641 on 05-28-2005 at 07:05 PM]
    If you're not a DIY'er trying to glean this info but rather a novice tech, there's two things you should do. First, find and hold close to your heart a pressure/temperature chart. You can get them at any supply house. Secondly, when you're reading the R22 band on your gauge to get the temperature, look up toward the outermost band of numbers on the gauge. That's the pressure that essentially corresponds to either the evaporating or condensing temperatures of the refrigerant under the given conditions the system is operating at.

Next thing to do is immerse yourself in the world of understanding superheat and subcooling. You do that, you'll set yourself apart from the hacks and be on the way to becoming a sharper technician.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

I have a pontiac firebird, with 89 octane, at 90 miles an hour, can anybody tell me what it should be taching.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by beenthere
    I have a pontiac firebird, with 89 octane, at 90 miles an hour, can anybody tell me what it should be taching.
    Look you have to at least give me some kind of gear ratio, for me to answer that question.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Thumbs up

LOL...

Do you also need to know if the clutch is engaged, or disengaged. :}

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by beenthere

no more then 3500rpm any more and the old pos will fall apart.

Originally posted by mikemike

I've got a 2.5 ton heatpump, @ 90 degrees in heat mode the suction should be @ 74 and the head should be @ 255.
    Wow! You like it hot don't you? How do you keep it from kicking off on HP switch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast