Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    ://
    I know because have had many friends that ask me for away out.That it is killing them to be there.that all they see is managers getting rich at techs cost.Your right never worked a day under them but i never worked for burger king and mcdonalds either.But i know if you eat there food every day you will die. By the way hope that it not a 401k they are crap Ira is way to go u should take a look at this interesting just a thought. ]://httpcontraryinvesting.com/inflation/porter-stansberrys-end-of-america-video-the-case-for-inevitable-hyperinflation-and-social-turnover/

Have a diversified porfolio. I just started saving when I was in my early 20's. I have seen the ups and downs but it is the stock market. If history teaches us anything it is that nothing is for sure, never panic, a ship always levels out in the end.

Talk to you later F.

P.S. If managers are getting rich why don't your friends become one? I know if being a manager was going to get me rich I would jump on the wagon.

Hmm

I have peered behind the curtain and was not impressed. I have witnessed the business model discribed in this thread by some. The company values certain employees more than others. The lowest level employees, the techs, are simply chattle. I cannot tell the future, but I assume turnover will be great, but the positions left vacant will be good entry level positions for newbies. If you stick it out and perform, you can move up and make a career of it, but I would not think anyone with any drive would want to remain simply a service tech in this organization. They will probably make it uncomfortable (or impossible) for a seasoned, self-respecting technician to simply perform his craft at a competitive wage. Having said all of this, I do not condemn a bit of it. Free market capitalism is the life blood of our society and anyone working for this organization is working at will. Barring any violations of local, state or federal regulations, this company has the right to run as they see fit. I, however, will not be a part of it. Good luck to those of you who will.

IF lennox is so good to work for in some areas they lay people off and you sit home waiting for calls ,I had to use my vacation time to make my paycheck ,my boss didnt care he was salary .Glad I moved on ,Good luck to you guys change is good

And some need to think before typing, unless the intent is to start a flame war. Simple hard to read these posts would suffice.
    Last edited by Stamas; 05-20-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Removed disrespectful post.

I have been following this thread for quite a while now. I worked at TW and really enjoyed it. The Lennox acquisition was a big change from what I was used to as for most of the others. Most where even apprehensive and bailed without even giving them a chance. The biggest change was loss of overtime. The positve is more time with the family and better benefits. There are always pros and cons in every company and it is human nature to point out cons before pros. When you properly fix a unit you wont hear anything. No news is normally good news they say. It is only when we get a callback or something else fails that we ever hear anything about it. My time here at Lennox has been diversified and fulfilling. Sure, who doesn't have that person or group of people that annoy you? It doesn't give anyone the right to slander a company and as a specialized trade we should have a decent respect to all fellow HVAC/R techs no matter what company we work for. If anybody has a questions about NAS (good or bad) I will answer them honestly as I have been both a tech and a manager at thisgreat company.

I have witnessed 2 companies that pay lots of money in overtime to techs be sold to NAS. What does that tell you? Paying extraordinary amounts of overtime to anyone is not good for the financial structure of any business . Customers dont want to pay 4 hrs of overtime for a tech to drive out on a weekend just to say he cant fix it today and is going to have to quote it out. The goal of a successful company is to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy and as a tech, if you do that you will never have to worry about getting your hours.

I just quit Lennox Nas (or IBS) today, and would not recommend this company to anyone I know. Most branchs have one good tech and 2 that dont have a clue. I feel bad for the customers that now have to depend on the other 2 techs there. We had one tech at are branch that did not know the the difference between hot surface and spark ignition. He was with the company for over a year.

All branch managers care about is getting there pm's done and making the budget to get there bonus. They dont care if the work gets done right.

Quote Originally Posted by intech View Post
    I just quit Lennox Nas (or IBS) today...
    What is IBS?

industrial building services inc is the company lennox bought then change there name to Lennox Nas

Quote Originally Posted by intech View Post
    industrial building services inc is the company lennox bought then change there name to Lennox Nas
    OK, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I have been following this thread for quite a while now. I worked at TW and really enjoyed it. The Lennox acquisition was a big change from what I was used to as for most of the others. Most where even apprehensive and bailed without even giving them a chance. The biggest change was loss of overtime. The positve is more time with the family and better benefits.
    Better benefits?? are you joking? Lennox medical plan has 3 grands deductible, how bout on-call pay? yeah seat home all weekend waiting for a call without getting pay for it, plus the unpaid drive time went from half hour to an hour, TW provided polos,hoodies and hats for free, Lennox takes $$$ out techs paychecks to make them pay for mandatory uniforms the only good that came from Lennox was the removal of the GPS they are too cheap and didn't want to pay for it.

This is False they still do those stores and more they just don't do the refrigeration work but they handle all the HVAC for the areas they are assigned to I know I assign them the areas for those store

Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    I wasnt saying anything to you did it by accident sorry.
    They still do Dollat Tree what are you talking about

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast