Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    HVACNAS, I think Lennox took it on the chin. you guys are buying price inflated, debt riddle outfits, the owners are happy to sell, you are buying crap!! I dont get it, why buy a business instead of open your own, what exactly Lennox got from Trade Winds? most of the techs left, managers and office staff where fired, laptops to the garbage,main offices gone, seem like all you got was Dave the snake and tractor supply, may as well take a couple millions and flush it down the toilet.
    Facts baby!! Study some business courses as well. There is a method to the madness.

Laptops, every guy from tradewinds still has his or turned it in. In fact I use mine everyday.

Have your ever played Risk? When you buy competition and have them sign a binding agreement you remove that risk from the table. Hence there is no competition that can touch you.

Buying a business with accounts and employees immediately gives you a market share. Sure some will leave, both employees and customers. But you still have a good portion of it.

I know that Lennox bought TW for a select group of customers. They also got some darn good techs in the process. But they got an area they were not present in and eliminated a competitor.

Main office was in NH, heard it was a waste of space anyways. Most of the guys who were in the transition meeting are still here, not sure what you are talking about.

Yes, office personal were let go. I do speak to a couple of them here and there who still work at lennox. They were all given offers to stay on, had to move though. As for managers, I still have the same one. I hear most are still with the company. I did not hear of one being fired though. Can you back that up with some names?

I wont comment on Dave, I know who he is and met him a couple of times. I do not know enough about him to attack him on a board.

Here is a lesson. Lucy own a lemonade stand, so does charlie. Their stands sell to a 4 block radius. Charlie approaches Lucy and says, I will buy your stand for double your sales, Lucy pulled in 10 dollars last week. She thinks and says, that is 20 dollars, I just tripled my profit, sold. Charlie now has a 4 block sales floor and no longer has to worry about Lucy. Since he is the only lemonade employer in this area he is able to cut costs and increase profit. Charlie made back his investment the first month. Not so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    First of all i not crying about anything just making a statements.Once some of the accounts found out that benner was bought the will drop like flies.Lennox is afraid of brokers because they cant tell them what real problem is or afraid to say and it be wrong.But as a national account they make because they have parts and can afford to eat it.It easy to run something when millions of dollars to back you.I not afraid to go into business with anyone.I KNOW WHAT KIND OF TECH I AM.
    Once again, I have a good idea who you are. I know what kind of tech you are. I heard you went in with another person who has a reputation of bailing when it gets tough. KS

First of all i not crying about anything just making a statements.Once some of the accounts found out that benner was bought the will drop like flies.Lennox is afraid of brokers because they cant tell them what real problem is or afraid to say and it be wrong.But as a national account they make because they have parts and can afford to eat it.It easy to run something when millions of dollars to back you.I not afraid to go into business with anyone.I KNOW WHAT KIND OF TECH I AM.
    What are you taking about? I was taking to NAS. you are right some business will drop and others will be fired like NAS did to Dollar Tree, funny they dropped a business that paid its bills and kept Block Buster and we all know what happened there.
    Lennox has a high cash flow from unit sales etc. The CEO cleans around 8 millions plus a year according to Forbes, The whole NAS operation is so dime and nickle that it feels like working for joe sixpacks out the back of a station wagon, Lennox international is somewhat dissociated with the NAS operation, the whole deal is more like a franchise where royalties are paid for the "big name".

HVACNAS I cant get into facts without revealing names and stuff I dont want to get into it. I work for a very big outfit that Lennox cant buy, you guys dont have the $$$ so I'm happy here and you are happy there so lets agree to disagree. good luck to you!

What are you taking about? I was taking to NAS. you are right some business will drop and others will be fired like NAS did to Dollar Tree, funny they dropped a business that paid its bills and kept Block Buster and we all know what happened there.
    Lennox has a high cash flow from unit sales etc. The CEO cleans around 8 millions plus a year according to Forbes, The whole NAS operation is so dime and nickle that it feels like working for joe sixpacks out the back of a station wagon, Lennox international is somewhat dissociated with the NAS operation, the whole deal is more like a franchise where royalties are paid for the "big name".
    What are you talking about, I have never touched a Blockbuster or Dollar Tree.

What CEO of a large public company does not make that cash?

I will have to agree with you about your last post. We are pooching the monkey here. I do however feel that you should consider your last post. You work for a large HVAC company and lennox will never touch them. The only circumstance where I see them not touching them is if they have the last name; Trane, Carrier, York. Their service is really something to question.

Never say never. Night Jim.

Smile

I wasnt saying anything to you did it by accident sorry.

HVACNAS, tradewinds used to service, dollar tree,riteaid , Lennox drop them both cause they didnt want to deal with freezer and coolers and yes I work for one of the big 3 and Lennox just dont have the $$$ to buy us and never will, we were here before Lennox and we'll be here after.

HVACNAS, tradewinds used to service, dollar tree,riteaid , Lennox drop them both cause they didnt want to deal with freezer and coolers and yes I work for one of the big 3 and Lennox just dont have the $$$ to buy us and never will, we were here before Lennox and we'll be here after.
    I have worked on the smaller of the 3. You are right, lennox will never have the cash. But C, T, and Y all make POS units. How many times have you seen a door fly off a unit because it is poorly made.

I also remember a time when Dewault was the king of battery tools.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACNAS View Post
    I have worked on the smaller of the 3. You are right, lennox will never have the cash. But C, T, and Y all make POS units. How many times have you seen a door fly off a unit because it is poorly made.

I give u that lennox very nice rtu and very easy to service.But lennox will never make a chiller like york or trane as far as carrier that is like mcdonalds never going to go away my intent was not to bash lennox but point out the treatment of the techs.

you are right!! Lennox puts all the money on their units and very little in techs paychecks, our units are not as good but my paycheck is bigger than yours

Lennox does make the best unit today. Hard to justify, but if I worked for Carrier I would say the same.

As for the techs. They have a good business model, pay low and keep costs down. I cannot argue with that, no one can.

I do not even think Lennox is making chillers in the US market. That belongs to the other 3.

As for making more money, who cares. I am happy in my life and I have made plenty of money. Money is the root of all evil, that is what the post is about, money, right? As long as you are happy in your life. If you are constantly looking for money you will never find the other.

Granted, I have never and probably never will make the top dollar. But I can assure you this, my retirement plan is stable and on track for a nice comfortable retirement by 65.

I would love to sit down with you are review finances, seriously. You may or not make more than me, but I guarantee you I am better off than you. Has nothing to do with making money, just good planning.

So when ever you are willing to sit down and open the books let me know. After I show you where I am I will send you a letter from my sunny house in the Caribbean.

I give u that lennox very nice rtu and very easy to service.But lennox will never make a chiller like york or trane as far as carrier that is like mcdonalds never going to go away my intent was not to bash lennox but point out the treatment of the techs.
    Looked it up, Lennox only makes chillers for the European market. So I would say they are small fish.

I am sorry you feel you were treated badly. But I have to say, like I said before. If you are who I think you are, you left the company while they were still managed by TW employees. So if that is the case, how do you know how lennox treats employee's.

I would love to hear your answer on how you know so much on how an employee treated you when you never worked a day under them? Please do not skirt the question either, please answer directly. I guess this is a challenge to you and your integrity.

Looked it up, Lennox only makes chillers for the European market. So I would say they are small fish.

I am sorry you feel you were treated badly. But I have to say, like I said before. If you are who I think you are, you left the company while they were still managed by TW employees. So if that is the case, how do you know how lennox treats employee's.
    I would love to hear your answer on how you know so much on how an employee treated you when you never worked a day under them? Please do not skirt the question either, please answer directly. I guess this is a challenge to you and your integrity.
    ://
    I know because have had many friends that ask me for away out.That it is killing them to be there.that all they see is managers getting rich at techs cost.Your right never worked a day under them but i never worked for burger king and mcdonalds either.But i know if you eat there food every day you will die. By the way hope that it not a 401k they are crap Ira is way to go u should take a look at this interesting just a thought. ]://httpcontraryinvesting.com/inflation/porter-stansberrys-end-of-america-video-the-case-for-inevitable-hyperinflation-and-social-turnover/

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast