Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 239
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    rensselaer,ny
    Posts
    115

    did lennox nas buy benner

    former lennox nas ,allright to work for if you have work ,you pay for uniforms ,you give them a hour a day .They buy companies and liquidate ,the area branches like to have one tech elite making a good wage and have other techs at much lower entry level wages ,and have truck with minium stock, My branch they laid off one guy ,I put notice in and so did other peopkl no work ,work based on pm and follow up calls , when we were bought out we lost customers ,also become nate certified ,classes on computer on your own time, Out of 100 tradewind tech under 20 stayed ,you tell me ,The owner made out well they aquired ihis debt and made a nice retirement.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,966
    truck usage...that one hour a day give back is totally BS if they can do that they can pull anything ,and not one states labor laws are aware of this come on guys somebody drop a dime,question if they start OT after 40 you have to work another 5 hours to start the time and half while their billing OT rate did LENNOX "yorn" after this add-on to their site with 100s of peoples jobs in flux http://www.lennoxnas.com/
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

  3. #68
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by emtim View Post
    former lennox nas ,allright to work for if you have work ,you pay for uniforms ,you give them a hour a day .They buy companies and liquidate ,the area branches like to have one tech elite making a good wage and have other techs at much lower entry level wages ,and have truck with minium stock, My branch they laid off one guy ,I put notice in and so did other peopkl no work ,work based on pm and follow up calls , when we were bought out we lost customers ,also become nate certified ,classes on computer on your own time, Out of 100 tradewind tech under 20 stayed ,you tell me ,The owner made out well they aquired ihis debt and made a nice retirement.
    First, you should get your facts straight. 45 minutes is the time a tech eats in the AM and PM or when he gets to the job/supply house. So if your job is 5 minutes down the street you get paid once you arrive.

    Uniforms are paid for by the company, you pay to have them cleaned. I do not agree with this but it is what it is.

    The employees, yes they want to hire young and eager people. What business owner would not want to pay as little as possible. Just like a person wants to get paid as much as possible. Some guys are worth high wages, some with 30 years experience are not worth the pot they piss in.

    Tradewinds never had a 100 techs. Sure some left but not that percentage.

    Pay is not an issue with people who go out and do their jobs. Just like any other company in the world, certain people just complain and do nothing to help their own situation.

    I have never had any issue getting OT or hours. But I also make sure that unit is 100% before I leave and I also look outside the box. All the people at Tradewinds or Lennox who used to whine about hours or pay. It was pretty obvious if you went to a site after them that they just do not do their job.

    Training, why would any person who wants to improve himself every complain that classes are free. Sure you have to take them on your own time but they are there to help you improve. The training that is mandatory, your time is paid for. Maybe you had a gripe if you were not paid for it.

    The writing has been on the wall for years in retail. Customers are driving lower costs, not companies. Do you actually think HVAC companies want to have low labor and crap mark ups. Retail companies simply will switch to another company if you do not drop your prices.

    Not sure about you, but I saw it years ago, it is just the nature of the beast.

    Why would you pay 100 bucks for something if a store down the street is selling it for 80. I have never heard of anyone say I will pay the 100 bucks to support high pay for their employees. People only care when it is happening to them.

    Lennox has it's fault's like any company. It also has it's positives. For the guy who wants to be a mechanic his whole life Lennox is probably not for him. But for a guy who wants to move up in the world than Lennox has hundreds of oppourtunities. Not just within NAS but the whole company.

    People succeed when they are willing to work hard at their job and within the company.

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    northeast pa
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    truck usage...that one hour a day give back is totally BS if they can do that they can pull anything ,and not one states labor laws are aware of this come on guys somebody drop a dime,question if they start OT after 40 you have to work another 5 hours to start the time and half while their billing OT rate did LENNOX "yorn" after this add-on to their site with 100s of peoples jobs in flux http://www.lennoxnas.com/
    What about them labor laws.If tech give you a 1hr a day then there cover for that 1 hr of driving on your insurance right.That why your not suppose driving company vans after hours

  5. #70
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    What about them labor laws.If tech give you a 1hr a day then there cover for that 1 hr of driving on your insurance right.That why your not suppose driving company vans after hours
    This is actually called a fringe benefit. Meaning that the employer and employee realize that there is a benefit for both. Taking the family in the van for an outing is simply abusing a benefit.

    Insurance carriers write it into the policy as the person is using the company vehicle to travel to and from jobs, meaning he and the company are covered if there is an accident. This does not imply that use of a company vehicle to travel to and from jobs is payable.

    But as so many techs have assumed, being in a van means you are supposed to be paid.

    I am sure if technicians grouped together and demanded they get paid for driving to work their would be some changes. How about you jump in your personal vehicle, commute to work (like millions of Americans), start your time when you get to the shop and stop when you get back.

    Add up your wear and tear on your car, gas and time to the shop. I pretty shallow argument, more like an entitlement if you ask me.

    If you want to go back to the old days where you had to get to the shop to work than great. I have worked for shops like that and know that having a company vehicle is a benefit and do not look at it like I am getting screwed. The day I got one I viewed it as a perk, today I view it the same way. I have not had to pay one cent for gas in 20+ years to get to work.

    My wife jumps in our car every AM and drives 45-1hour to her job. She does not get paid for this time. She does not get reimbursed for her gas or our car expenses. She gets paid at her start and end time.

    I know of very little professions that allow you a take home vehicle, paid gas, tolls and have a workshop at your house.

    Funny thing is, I know plenty of guys who said they going out to start their own business. Only to run into them a year or two later and they are working for someone else.

    The stories are very similar, I have to chase payment, the F(&(&ing techs are robbing me blind, having to return for free on jobs that techs screwed up. That one is the key here, I do not know of one tech who voluntarily offers up compensation to the employer for screwing something up. They simply blame someone else for their mistake and never see the financial loss they could have simply avoided by doing the job right or making a call.

    Maybe people should count their blessings for having a job today. Every time I get frustrated on a job or feel like I am being taken advantage of I think of this. Sure, some owners reap huge rewards from owning a company. But I highly doubt any of them just fall into financial success.

    Any employee who feels slighted or underpaid, well, there is something called shopping around. Open your own shop, demand higher wages, this is a free country. This is just a guess, probably very close though. I bet 90% of anyone in a trade would not last 6 months owning their own shop. Once they got down to the business side of it they would realize that being in a van is the easiest part of the job.

    I really hate to bash you like this but you sound like you have no idea of the business side of a owing something. Funny thing is you know more than you think. You do it everyday of your life.

    Let me ask you some questions.

    Do you plan your day to get the best prices for the company you work for? Gas and supply houses. My bet is that you do when it comes to your personal expenses.

    Do you finish a job quickly when you know you can drag it out? I bet if a contractor at your house was paid by the hour you would watch them like a hawk.

    What would you do if you could get you electric bill cheaper at another company, would you do it, sure you would.

    Moral is if you think you are worth more, than go get it. Problem is most employee's are simply tongue tied when they ask. I cannot tell you how many guys I have sat down with who ask for more money but cannot back it up. They come in with the I did this compressor in 4 hours but fail to mention the multiple callbacks and only have excuses.

    This is America, the put up or shut up country. I guess I am light years ahead because when I go in for a raise I have everything documented, even my mistakes. It is called negotiations, prove your worth and expect to show that your worth outweighs mistakes.

    I take back the bashing point. I do intend to bash you because you seem to have no clue on the a business operates.

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,966

    tech 93

    i don't know what that deal is never heard of something so abusive but i'm going to call NYS dept of labor and inquire do the same in PA and we'll compare notes if that was tried down here in NYC they would have a steamfitter BA in their face and a strike pulled outside the shop..nobody touchs someones 40 week of salary
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    northeast pa
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    i don't know what that deal is never heard of something so abusive but i'm going to call NYS dept of labor and inquire do the same in PA and we'll compare notes if that was tried down here in NYC they would have a steamfitter BA in their face and a strike pulled outside the shop..nobody touchs someones 40 week of salary
    I think that lennox thinks that there so big that they can do what they want.I think that because it says lennox nas it is factory service,but it is not.just because your nate cert dont mean nutin just means that you can read a book and pass a test.There a difference between replace a part to fix a problem and replacing parts to find the problem.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    northeast pa
    Posts
    118
    As for your other statement if let person take truck home it is more benefit for company to run after hours calls.If not take the truck and on-call pay and if i gas to get the truck i run the call.More and more i see that crap on techs and there the ones that keep you with a paycheck while u sit in office where it is nice and warm and cool saying yea we can get that done for you.At some point those people will lose because the only people that will work for you are the ones that cant go no where else.I would rather pay as a consumer 100 hr and have it right first time than pay 50 hr and have it done 4 times to get it right.

  9. #74
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    I think that lennox thinks that there so big that they can do what they want.I think that because it says lennox nas it is factory service,but it is not.just because your nate cert dont mean nutin just means that you can read a book and pass a test.There a difference between replace a part to fix a problem and replacing parts to find the problem.
    Has nothing to do with Lennox. I agree, the nate test is a joke. But the masters test is also a read and test, should that be written off as well.

    The dope who posted ahead of you is a moron. If you truly worked for TW than you remember them voting for union. The guy who started the process was gone after the vote fell through. You will also remember that a large area of states and their techs were laid off because the customers pulled their accounts at the hint of union. So the union is supposed to protect the working man, well, they got 8 guys laid off in a week because of their presense.

    We all know that testing and years in the trade mean nothing. Solving a problem is just what your signature says. No book or certificate is going to be on a roof with you.

    But your main gripe was about not getting paid for driving a van to work. Like I said before, you hold the power, not them. Stop *****ing over spilled milk and move on with your life. If you are unhappy change the situation. This is what gets me, people complaining about being is a situation and not doing anything to change it.

    You sound like you have changed yours. Good for you! Why even waste time complaining on something that you have left.

    If you are who I think you are. I truly wish you all the best and watch out for the people you go into business with. They talk a good game but from what I remember, this person jumped off the ship before it sank, twice, while the crew had to bail water.

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    where the beer flows like wine
    Posts
    2,871
    HVACNAS is your name Steve or Dave? I have to say you are right for the most part.
    Lennox implements the business model of Service experts all over the country, it boils down to bid contracts low,make money on parts,hire cheap labor and make the branch managers do everything including estimating, billing,supervising and servicing equipment. Lennox plan may work in states with high unemployment rates and techs may use them as a stepping stone till something better comes along. eventually the economy will bounce back and companies like NAS will change or disappear.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    HVACNAS is your name Steve or Dave? I have to say you are right for the most part.
    Lennox implements the business model of Service experts all over the country, it boils down to bid contracts low,make money on parts,hire cheap labor and make the branch managers do everything including estimating, billing,supervising and servicing equipment. Lennox plan may work in states with high unemployment rates and techs may use them as a stepping stone till something better comes along. eventually the economy will bounce back and companies like NAS will change or disappear.
    Neither, but I know who you are speaking of. You just described the business model of every company world wide.

    I do not know of many companies where you can go from tech to manager if you show the drive. Too many opportunities here to pass up. If and when the economy improves than the good companies will adapt to it. But as I said before, the business is customer driven. If a retail outlet is handcuffed to a certain labor rate than they have to stick with it. I cannot see most companies being able to touch it. I do wonder why 3 large companies have decided to sell to Lennox. Was it a quick buck by the owner or the writing on the wall.

    What do you think Jim.

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    where the beer flows like wine
    Posts
    2,871
    HVACNAS, I think Lennox took it on the chin. you guys are buying price inflated, debt ridden outfits, the owners are happy to sell, you are buying crap!! I dont get it, why buy a business instead of open your own, what exactly Lennox got from Trade Winds? most of the techs left, managers and office staff where fired, laptops to the garbage,main offices gone, seem like all you got was Dave the snake and tractor supply, may as well take a couple millions and flush it down the toilet.

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    northeast pa
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    HVACNAS, I think Lennox took it on the chin. you guys are buying price inflated, debt ridden outfits, the owners are happy to sell, you are buying crap!! I dont get it, why buy a business instead of open your own, what exactly Lennox got from Trade Winds? most of the techs left, managers and office staff where fired, laptops to the garbage,main offices gone, seem like all you got was Dave the snake and tractor supply, may as well take a couple millions and flush it down the toilet.
    First of all i not crying about anything just making a statements.Once some of the accounts found out that benner was bought the will drop like flies.Lennox is afraid of brokers because they cant tell them what real problem is or afraid to say and it be wrong.But as a national account they make because they have parts and can afford to eat it.It easy to run something when millions of dollars to back you.I not afraid to go into business with anyone.I KNOW WHAT KIND OF TECH I AM.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event