Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Gotta say Benner just got bought out. No need to look for a job here. I can say this was the best company I've ever worked for. No complaints what so ever. The owner was completely respectfull towards his employees and proved that on the hire date. I was very pleased to join the company. Hate that it's going to somone else. Not sure whats to come with the techs of Benner Mechanical. Praying that we all still have a job after it is all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    I thought nas meant national account service only way to get that account with them was own equipment or being contractor
    lennox national works on all equipment. i know this because i work for carrier and they have an account with us for buying parts for the carrier equipment they are working on.

As a former employee of Lennox NAS via an acquisition - give it time! Of course you're going to be worried about your job security at the beginning, but if you go into things with a positive attitude you will benefit. Who would want a negative person on a website slandering their company as an employee? Lennox NAS is a good company to work for, but may not necessarily be a good fit for you. If you've burnt your bridge before, now is a time to rebuild it or move on.

Regards to their service: Lennox NAS is a National Account Service provider. Therefore, they work on National Retail Accounts just as Benner, Commercial Air and Tradewinds did. They service all types of equipment - York, Trane, Carrier and of course Lennox. Being that NAS is ultimately owned by Lennox Intl. of course they would try and replace equipment that is due for a change out with their brand LENNOX, but also do offer other quotes per the customers request or if it's a better fit. Lennox requires their customers to maintain a PM schedule, because it helps maintain the equipment and no they don't work on refrigeration, because they aren't a refrigeration company.

What kills me the most is people on here slandering Lennox NAS, but they have never worked for them or even know what type of services they provide. No company is perfect, but you should find these things out for yourself once you have the right attitude and give NAS a chance or move on. It's that simple!

I have nothing against Lennox NAS. I do have a problem with what they do though. They buy good companies such as those mentioned and change their business structure. If a company is doing well, they must be doing something right so why change them to fit another company's mold? All Lennox does is add layers between the tech and the customer which can never be good. They should just let the companies run as they always did - this would be the best for all involved. (Just my lowly opinion)

I agree with you Sully123, but what we also must remember is NAS isn't forcing these companies to sell. The owner(s) have sold to NAS knowing their business model is going to change. Trust me I missed the days of working for a smaller company and eating lunch with coworkers, having outings, etc... But I also benefited from working for a larger corporation.

Good point. Two sides to everything.

This does not come as a surprise to me at all. They seemed to have had cash flow issues for a long time and were always on credit hold at supply houses.

I wonder what will happen to the all office workers?? Will they move everything to a centralized location or keep the current office in operation?

Probably a little of both. I guess everyone will find out today.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC12710 View Post
    As a former employee of Lennox NAS via an acquisition - give it time! Of course you're going to be worried about your job security at the beginning, but if you go into things with a positive attitude you will benefit. Who would want a negative person on a website slandering their company as an employee? Lennox NAS is a good company to work for, but may not necessarily be a good fit for you. If you've burnt your bridge before, now is a time to rebuild it or move on.

Regards to their service: Lennox NAS is a National Account Service provider. Therefore, they work on National Retail Accounts just as Benner, Commercial Air and Tradewinds did. They service all types of equipment - York, Trane, Carrier and of course Lennox. Being that NAS is ultimately owned by Lennox Intl. of course they would try and replace equipment that is due for a change out with their brand LENNOX, but also do offer other quotes per the customers request or if it's a better fit. Lennox requires their customers to maintain a PM schedule, because it helps maintain the equipment and no they don't work on refrigeration, because they aren't a refrigeration company.

What kills me the most is people on here slandering Lennox NAS, but they have never worked for them or even know what type of services they provide. No company is perfect, but you should find these things out for yourself once you have the right attitude and give NAS a chance or move on. It's that simple!
    why are you a former empolyee if it so good then and do u care who says what.From what i hear via friends that work there the cut hours of tech so managers can get more money at end of the month.The hire at lowest rate and never give the a raise.goverment will stop them soon cant keep buying companies look at at&t and t-mobile.

I'm a former employee because I chose to leave and start another career path. I do care who says what, because people are saying things without having facts or the experience working for them. If you had a good past employer, I would hope you have enough integrity to do the same thing.

[QUOTE=HVAC12710;10215522]I'm a former employee because I chose to leave and start another career path. I do care who says what, because people are saying things without having facts or the experience working for them. If you had a good past employer, I would hope you have enough integrity to do the same thing.[
    since i worked for tradewinds and then them and i have friends that are techs and managers.I have experience with them.They are not a good employer.

Just received confirmation from KY meeting - it is definitely lennox that bought benner, in case there were any doubts.

I'm also a former Lennox NAS, I left after they slashed my pay and benies. they are not a bad company to work for if you are no in for the money.
    They are going to take Benner and consolidate it meaning that about 75% of the offices staff including field managers are to let go, most of the techs will keep their jobs if agree to bend over and ask for more, sooner or later the revolving door will turn fast and bring an endless parade of firing, hiring and quiting, the most talented will move on and the no so good will stay behind or let go. Tough time are to come. good luck

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast