Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Where do you get your info from? The back of a cereal box?
    I got friends in low places!!

I am all about expressing ones opinion but your extreme hatred towards NAS is causing you to write false statements. The only true part about your statement is the empty suits. We have had Petsmart since the TW buyout. Tractor supplies NTE remains at $1000.00 and Pep Boys hasnt had an NTE since before the TW buyout. Pep boys approves all needed repairs as well and tractor supply. Petsmart was a pain in the ass to deal with because they want to buy their own parts and haggle every bill. We dont play that game. We do let certain customers buy their own 5H compressors but they have to send them back for the core. So what, you had a bad experience here. Get the f*** over it. I guarantee my experience here was worse than yours. I used to be a branch manager but am now in a truck. All I will say is that job sucks. (My opinion) I could be like you but I dont. Every company has its hacks, bull**** policies and procedures and even people with the "poor me" attitude. Life is the same way. Get over it , get a productive hobby ( versus bashing NAS) . I would suggest scrapbooking.
    Calm down!! you are going to have a heart attack!! Dont tell me NAS purposely lost Petsmart, Toys ur US, Express, etc. and kept Staples now thats a real pain. My experience with NAS wasn't too bad, they try to screw with my money and I went to work for another outfit simple as that. What I hate about NAS is how they are bringing our trade down to a new low, the new burger king of HVAC. If the empty suits at NAS could find a way to bring cheap labor from overseas tonight, they would fired all of you tomorrow morning without thinking about twice, thats the kind of employer you have.

Your right, maybe I was a little cranky this morning. Not all branches operate like the ones you speak of. The branch I work at is great and our manager puts the customer first and he takes pretty good care of us. Overtime here has always been abundant and I never have to pay for any of my tools. Some managers go to the extreme and follow the NAS manager guide from 1984 and those are the branches you speak of.We dont half ass anything and a good pm goes a long way. I am not going to say stuff never breaks and I could care less about the stupid ranking system. As a matter of fact nobody in this branch cares about it. If any company could ship in a bunch of foriegners that could do what we can do they would do it. Not just NAS. Everybody can be replaced with someone that will do it cheaper but they keep paying $30 hr for me to flip burgers. I am the best damn burger flipper in town. It is the quality of work that matters, not speed. Yes, I will admit that is what NAS wants. Everything here is a mind game. You just have to know how to come out on top. P.S. We havent had petsmart for quite a while and staples is tedious

The other customers you speak of are before my time at NAS.

Your right, maybe I was a little cranky this morning. Not all branches operate like the ones you speak of. The branch I work at is great and our manager puts the customer first and he takes pretty good care of us. Overtime here has always been abundant and I never have to pay for any of my tools. Some managers go to the extreme and follow the NAS manager guide from 1984 and those are the branches you speak of.We dont half ass anything and a good pm goes a long way. I am not going to say stuff never breaks and I could care less about the stupid ranking system. As a matter of fact nobody in this branch cares about it. If any company could ship in a bunch of foriegners that could do what we can do they would do it. Not just NAS. Everybody can be replaced with someone that will do it cheaper but they keep paying $30 hr for me to flip burgers. I am the best damn burger flipper in town. It is the quality of work that matters, not speed. Yes, I will admit that is what NAS wants. Everything here is a mind game. You just have to know how to come out on top. P.S. We havent had petsmart for quite a while and staples is tedious
    You are right, a good PM does go a long way. The only problem with NAS is if you follow the scope of work set by them you arent doing a good PM. Go out to your van and grab the PM sheet, does it ask ANYTHING technical at all on the form? Does it ask for amp draws, temp drop/rise, super heat, sub-cooling, gas pressure, anything at all that pertains to the performance of the unit? I know they ask for pressures on the form, BUT while we were in Kentucky at our Lennox Boot Camp, they told us not to "gauge up" because it releases too much refrigerant from the system when you take your hoses off. Really? Then how can you even tell if you have a good accurate charge? Another thing that is complete BS, is the fact that on a PM you dont split coils. So pretty much you bring your hose up on the roof to basically rain on the unit. Because I know I dont have a pressure washer on my van, and I wouldnt want to bring it up on the roof every PM I go on. The reasoning behind not splitting coils? Well you can quote it as a found on PM of course! Which means more $$$$$$$ Because in the end, thats what its ALL about. A "good" PM for Lennox is nothing more than an equipment survey so they can figure out which customers to try throwing a unit on their roof. The more 3's you put down, the more they will love you. Oh wait a minute, and I forgot, its also about making the unit look pretty as well. Make sure you brush EVERY wire on the inside of the unit, the insulation, and if needed, be sure to quote spray painting the units and curbs. Because OBVIOUSLY those things are more important than the tasks I mentioned earlier. But to your credit, maybe it is different branch by branch, but I know this "Elite" tech that wouldnt know is a** from a hole in the ground, thats how he told us how to do a "good" PM when he trained us. Comparing a Benner PM to a Lennox PM is a joke. The Benner PM was actually worthwhile. Glad I got out of NAS right away, because ALMOST everything negative said here has been completely true. One positive, they did give us a brand new van to get home in.

Yeah, I have heard they dont want us putting our gauges on every unit as well but they have a section on the pm sheet for pressures??? The pm sheets in my opinion are silly. I dont use a manifold but a guage with a little port just to get pressures when needed. I good technician doesn't have to use guages for every circuit, you know that. Approach temps and delta's are sufficient. The amp draw of the compressor says alot too. We all know this. People that just dont go ahead and clean the coils correctly are lazy and trying to get out of working. Those dirty inner coils are the only thing that will stop a Trane, or how about the 6 inch thick condenser coils on the carriers that nothing can get through when we are cleaning them. In the end it is the techs name on the pm and we have to do the best job possible, even if it means doing it differently/better then their pm guide. That is what seperates us from the rest, the drive to ensure that the unit is running perfectly. Nothing else matters. Thats why I will remain a technician.

P.S. You got a new van? I got a old chevy with over 100 k on it and i hope it stays that way . Damn a Ford. At least you got power windows and locks. lol

It a good thing you guys dont put gauges on because you dont know how to read them anyway.If you knew how to use them you wont lose any ref at all.

Oh here is a idea maybe you call lennox and have them put rosetta stone troubleshooting software into the A-55 board so that you dont have even be a tech.Or better yet instead of giving you service vans they give you a crane truck so that on service calls you can replace the broken piece of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    It a good thing you guys dont put gauges on because you dont know how to read them anyway.If you knew how to use them you wont lose any ref at all.
    As this is the EXACT reason I got out of NAS as soon as possible. Because I dont want to be lumped into the same category as the "techs" that work here.

Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    Oh here is a idea maybe you call lennox and have them put rosetta stone troubleshooting software into the A-55 board so that you dont have even be a tech.Or better yet instead of giving you service vans they give you a crane truck so that on service calls you can replace the broken piece of equipment.
    And Lennox would LOVE it if they could do that. Wht not? Screwing the customer and making an S-Load of money along the way.. The only 2 things they care about! Because they surely do not care about their employees thats for sure.

My sources at Lennox (and they are not that high up, but reliable) say NAS makes gobs of money for Lennox International. So, I don't think the business model is going to change anytime soon. The customers and the techs will change often I'm sure, but the company will continue to operate as is until the money stops flowing.

Let's take a little poll. Who on this forum left Benner after the buyout? I'll start. I was in the first wave of defectors. #1

Lennox NAS is a great place to be a technician and work . It is a shame that I am the only one trying to defend them when I know other NAS employees look at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McCranky View Post
    My sources at Lennox (and they are not that high up, but reliable) say NAS makes gobs of money for Lennox International. So, I don't think the business model is going to change anytime soon. The customers and the techs will change often I'm sure, but the company will continue to operate as is until the money stops flowing.

Let's take a little poll. Who on this forum left Benner after the buyout? I'll start. I was in the first wave of defectors. #1
    I left so I guess I am #2

Lennox NAS is a great place to be a technician and work.
    Glad it works for you!! I bet there are people that feel the same way about working for McDonald's

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819 LastLast