new(ish) ammonia and boiler guy from MO.

new(ish) ammonia and boiler guy from MO.

i operate a 45,000lb ammonia system. i go in 3 weeks to get a high pressure boiler license in AR. i'm looking at HVAC schools right now to get into the field. the plant i work at has 14 HVAC systems and we troubleshoot the electrical systems ourselves (stuff like motors, stats, capacitors etc.) and hire a contractor to deal with the charges. so the first question is: am i eligible for pro status with ammonia experience? and soon boiler. i know it says 15 tangible posts, but i'm a pretty firm believer in keeping your mouth shut unless you are 100% sure of what's coming out. so i'm sure it'll take me a while to get 15 anyhow. they've also said that a student is eligible for pro status. how can a student get 15 posts? in my eyes, a student should listen and ask. definately not talk or give anyone advice.

your 15 post dont have to be about HVAC..there is a food n grill section u can post in or just ask a general question.
    I would certainly hope Ammonia would let you in..also if you are taking classes you qualify as a student.

there are a few ammonia guys on this site

welcome aboard
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    your 15 post dont have to be about HVAC..there is a food n grill section u can post in or just ask a general question.
    I would certainly hope Ammonia would let you in..also if you are taking classes you qualify as a student.
    Actually, Lusker and the mods said "joy" posts do not count...they do have to be about hvac.

I know students can get into the pro forums, just get post up to 15 and apply and go from there.

Here is a thread Lusker created for newbies wanting to go pro to help them with post count. Check it out.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=733601

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

sorry about the misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    sorry about the misinformation
    I only know, 'cause I happen to see them post about it.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Welcome to board.