3000 BTU's will raise 1 CFM of air, from 100F to What, in 1 Min?

3000 BTU's will raise 1 CFM of air, from 100F to What, in 1 Min?

I'm trying to determine what the temperature rise will be of a 1 cu. ft. column of air, moving at 2460 CFM, when exposed to a flame emitting 3000 BTU's. The volume of air is introduced at standard pressure and at 100F.

The situation is this:
    I have an open flame that was calculated to have an output of 3000 BTU's. Approximately 100 feet away from this flame, I have some material that will fail at a given temperature (haven't been told what that temp is yet). This is an outdoor environment and I don't really know what the air movement is so for now I’m assumption that it's 2460 CFM (30 mph). I'm thinking this isn't much different than a heating system for a house. The heating systems give off X Btu's which should raise the temperature X F, from a given temperature.

Can someone help me figure this out?

Regards,
    Dan

The answer should be 1.12 F

Quote Originally Posted by acwizard View Post
    The answer should be 1.12 F
    Close enough.

However, DM2, 2460CFM is not a MPH wind speed. Speed is not volume and volume is not speed.

Air moving at a velocity of 2460 is a 30 MPH wind, but is not the volume of air that is moving. A 4" pipe with air at a 30 MPH speed/velocity would be moving 214.57 CFM, a 10" pipe would be 1,341.04 CFM. It would take a 13.544" pipe at to be moving 2460 CFM at 2460 FPM/30MPH.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?