Thread: armstrong txv

armstrong txv

We just took a service contract over for a customer that has a whole rooftop full of Armstrong equipment, mostly two ton heat pumps. One of the heat pumps that was not working was found to have a bad txv at outdoor heat pump. The bulb was actually broken off and laying in bottom of unit, looked almost like someone cut it but Im sure it just broke from rubbing on something... The model is a shp10c24a-3. The txv on outdoor unit is a alco with gt5659-1 stamped into it. The supplier that sold the hack that installed this equipment is no help in finding the outdoor txv. They have twice now brought me in the txv for the evaporator coil. I cannot find the part number or any info on this txv myself. Does anyone know where I could get one or who to contact? I cant even pull up a parts list on this equipment anywhere online and have had no luck googling a alco parts list. Its a r 22 10 seer system that is about 12 years old... thanks for any help, Im at my wits end here.

do you have accounts @ any supply houses??? an outdoor txv should be pretty easy to find for any hvacr contractor.

I have accounts at all supply houses around and that is why Im having a problem here. The supply house that sold or handled this product is of no help right now. They made the equipment sales, the big money, and do not care about customer support. Im not going to name names but they are a large supply house in the ohio, pennsylvania, mich, area. All the other supply houses don't have anything that will work either for this Concord/Armstrong heat pump. I assume your just trying to discredit me with the statement you made. Im asking for some help, if you don't have any to offer then fine, but if you do it would be greatly appreciated. I would have never thought that finding a damn txv could be so hard. This is just one more reason why I hate this product besides its quality in general...

Confused

I think Lennox owns Armstrong they might be able to help.

No sir I'm not trying to discredit you...I'm only trying to help . Did you try R.E.M? they sell Armsrong.

I have never heard of REM? and cannot get it to come up on a search. Around here the major supply houses are Robertson Htg. Famous Supply (wich carries the equipment in question) Wolff Bros, Refrigeration Sales Corp...

call lennox,thay will help you

REM, is R. E. Michel. They carry Armstrong of most of PA.

We're not a DIY site. So when someone says to a poster, do you have accounts at supply houses. Its a polite way to ask if your a DIYer.

Since your profile is not filled out. No one has any idea who they are replying to.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Just got home from installing a 2 ton txv on a armstrong cond. unit got it at cc dickson
    no prob. Do you need a number ??

OUT DOOR EXPANSION VALVE # 78L19

Famous supply finally found the txv supposedlely... it was overnighted and supposed to be here today, its 11:00 at night and I don't think its coming. It upsets me that a company that sells a product has such lousy customer service, and then when your in there for something you have one of their salesment trying to convert you over to the brand they carry I guess as long as they make the big sales that is all they care about.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    REM, is R. E. Michel. They carry Armstrong of most of PA.

We're not a DIY site. So when someone says to a poster, do you have accounts at supply houses. Its a polite way to ask if your a DIYer.

Since your profile is not filled out. No one has any idea who they are replying to.
    If he doesn't know who R E Michel is, he can't possibly be a DIYer!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV