Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    I am fortunate to be living in a tiny part of the country where our local government officials are not cowtowing to union extortion;
    “As I see Project Labor Agreements starting to be utilized in other areas of the Commonwealth, I believe it is important that this action be taken to preserve fair and open contracting for government projects, ensure that we attain the most competitive costs for taxpayers and to offer a process that doesn’t exclude 85% of the workforce from competing for government projects,”
    http://www.thetruthaboutplas.com/201...nded-projects/
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    lol...please
    That's actually true. The second largest user of union workers are corporations that are building very large projects, sometimes private and sometimes Federal, State or local government sponsored, that need a large ready to work force of trained to semi-trained workers of all sorts.

That is where the union is truely necessary the most only because they serve a purpose of having a stand-by force of skilled workers.

Problem is your administrative forces along with the "union" attitude of being in-your-face-the-best do not have in their basic nature the ability to adjust to market conditions, such as now, and that will make you guys obsolete sooner then you could believe.

Doesn't make any difference what any of us think in the long run. The union and non-union sector within our free enterprise system is what makes our system of life and government work. And it's a necessary force like it or not.

The unions recent activities has come into focus as being one of the "bad" guys in this present two years of the economic destruction of our nation and the uprising now happening by the union workers and management - and soon to happen in a lot of states - notifying the tax paying public that the unions are exempt, for the most part only, turn the spot light up higher on you guys.

You guys are still living in the 50's and you are not going to win this one...matter of fact anything to do with the free enterprise system is not going to win unless and until we all get our individual acts together and defeat the forces that are smothering this nation into a nothingness.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    That's actually true. The second largest user of union workers are corporations that are building very large projects, sometimes private and sometimes Federal, State or local government sponsored, that need a large ready to work force of trained to semi-trained workers of all sorts.

That is where the union is truely necessary the most only because they serve a purpose of having a stand-by force of skilled workers.
    Problem is your administrative forces along with the "union" attitude of being in-your-face-the-best do not have in their basic nature the ability to adjust to market conditions, such as now, and that will make you guys obsolete sooner then you could believe.

Doesn't make any difference what any of us think in the long run. The union and non-union sector within our free enterprise system is what makes our system of life and government work. And it's a necessary force like it or not.

The unions recent activities has come into focus as being one of the "bad" guys in this present two years of the economic destruction of our nation and the uprising now happening by the union workers and management - and soon to happen in a lot of states - notifying the tax paying public that the unions are exempt, for the most part only, turn the spot light up higher on you guys.

You guys are still living in the 50's and you are not going to win this one...matter of fact anything to do with the free enterprise system is not going to win unless and until we all get our individual acts together and defeat the forces that are smothering this nation into a nothingness.
    I have seen quite a few hacks that the only reason they have ajob is because tehy are in a union.

unions protect Lazy incompetent workers, look at the USPS as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Prove me wrong. Every wage scale job I have ever worked on was funded by government in one form or another. Show me examples where jobs being worked on by unionized companies do not have some government funding that requires prevailing wages.
    Take your pick and then go back to your bernaise sauce

That's funny. The whole city is built on government deals and everyone with their hand out. Everyone gets greased.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    That's funny. The whole city is built on government deals and everyone with their hand out. Everyone gets greased.
    Exactly. Talk about government intervention and protection of labor unions. Not to mention that it is a guarantee that each and every building had government loans or even partial payment for building with the excuse that the building would bring in jobs to NYC. Once government money is inolved in any way, the Davis-Bacon act kicks in and the jobs must be prevailing wage. This is the only way that union companies can exist.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Sysint,

what company did you used to own?

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Prove me wrong. Every wage scale job I have ever worked on was funded by government in one form or another. Show me examples where jobs being worked on by unionized companies do not have some government funding that requires prevailing wages.

NABET

http://www.abilitiesnetworks.org/wis...nions-reuters/

When you dig under the dirt you find what is really going on. Walker is trying to save the state, with 256 million in unfunded pension liabilities and a great concern over muni bonds.

http://downloads.pewcenteronthestate...California.pdf

This is what the states are using.
    The cold hard facts directly related to the loss of manufacturing jobs.

Wisconsin has lost 140,000 thousand jobs,that have put and extreme burden,on the Social Welfare System.

There are many reasons we lose jobs overseas, the main ones are Government interference (Over regulation) tax policy and the various local government agencies trying to prove they are necessary and some of it comes down to just marking their territory.

I deal with multiple requirements to build a building so that my client can hire 35 people that make 6 figures a year, yet he could ship those jobs off to India a lot cheaper and with less B.S.

Yes and those tax policies and revenue collection are all built upon industrial days. And the government continues to borrow based on old policies trying to convince the general public that futher taxation will solve all our problems.

plus you have unions and other people always sticking heir hands in the pockets of business owners and clients that don't want to pay for a product or service.

I had a client expect me to fix her a/c for $85 and guarantee that it didn't have a leak in it, she only calls me when it breaks down, never for PM service, she runs it till it breaks, and was 'taken back' that I charged for a service call, labor, refrigerant and some other minor parts.

I think I am going to print a list up of what various things I do will cost tem and hand it to them when I arrive and stick to the pricing with no breaks when they only call me when heir system is broken.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast