Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Wisconsin is looking long term

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_wiscon...NvbnNpbnNlbg--

Faced with a 3.6 billion dollar deficit and not want to end up like California,Illinois,New York,New Jersey,what would you do?

Awesome.

After several states have followed suit and a new president is elected, maybe the fed govt will start to get a clue.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

So much for contracts. I asked this in another thread - When did the war on the middle class become the war on unions? The correct answer will get a special favor from the dictatorship that will soon be appointed by the TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    . . . maybe the fed govt will start to get a clue.
    I'll believe that when I see it
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    So much for contracts. I asked this in another thread - When did the war on the middle class become the war on unions? The correct answer will get a special favor from the dictatorship that will soon be appointed by the TP.
    It is in no shape manner or means an attack on unions so stop with the leftist talk about the TP.

The State Constitution's must have a balanced budget.

Their are in the hole for 3.6 Billion.

What would you do let it continue or have you forgot that this economy is only being held up by quantitative easing and a vast reduction of state's revenue.

It's starting to happen around here in WA State too. It's about time. The unions have been out of control for too long and have caused damage to the non union sector.

You should see the benefits that the union ferry workers have been abusing for years now. It's a shame.

The unions have their time and purpose. It's not their time anymore and they need to share the sacrafices with all the rest of us.

Their biggest worry they should have is that a leader such as obama can ruin them for a long time to come.

I would be even more happy when the Federal Government workers also finally hit the spotlight for sharing in the hardships of this nation presently and in the future.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

The dilemma caused by this recession is not to be taken lightly.
    Each state must handle it as they see fit. The consequences for getting it wrong and applying a bandaid when a tourniquet was needed,will be the difference between insolvency or success.

A contract is a legally enforceable agreement between two or more parties with mutual obligations. Is it a leftist concept to uphold a contract? If contract terms can be changed by either party to a contract without paying damages what is the point of a contract. If this is how we balance the budget according to the principles of the TP - I proudly stand by my first impression. We should not accept the idea of "any means to an end" by riding rough-shod over the laws of this great country.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    A contract is a legally enforceable agreement between two or more parties with mutual obligations. Is it a leftist concept to uphold a contract? If contract terms can be changed by either party to a contract without paying damages what is the point of a contract. If this is how we balance the budget according to the principles of the TP - I proudly stand by my first impression. We should not accept the idea of "any means to an end" by riding rough-shod over the laws of this great country.
    You are living in a dream world, which we all do.

A contrat is only good if the people who make it are still living. If the people, business or community organization are out of business for most any reason, especially for going broke, the contract is just a piece of paper.

I'm supposing that you think that whoever is under these contract should absolutely not be exposed to the present economic situation. And they sould be exceptions no matter what.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Contract negotiations have to be resolved by individual states thrugh their unions based on the revenue that each state can afford.

These are the very principles that each state must adhere to.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Contract negotiations have to be resolved by individual states thrugh their unions based on the revenue that each state can afford.

These are the very principles that each state must adhere to.
    One of the largest employers in our area had the union strike for higher wages. These were the people with the boats and campers in the front yards.

This is when times were good and the union would not cave. The talk was that the unions were going to bring the company to it's knees.

They suceeded and drove the business out of town and with it thousands of good paying jobs.

Now the unions wonder why the big corporations go to Mexico, China, Japan or Taiwan.

The company (before they were driven out) had to pay the workers to even show up to work. Now something is wrong with that picture.

Abuses to contract negotiations come from both sides - agreed. Let me pose a hypothetical: As the administrator of company XYZ I contract with you to do a multimillion dollar job for me, the job is completed but a new administrator has been hired and he has found out that I cooked the books. Does that give him the right to refuse payment because it will cause a budget shortfall? Notice I said budget shortfall not bankrupcy.

All I know is when the union guys starting yelling at me again as I drive by calling me a scab or whatever the word is, the economy is on it's way up.

I'm fearing that is not going to happen anytime soon in the coming years.

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast