air blowing hard enough?

Question

Finally decided to go with Carrier and had the Infinity 4 ton unit installed last month (has variable speed blower and 2 stage condenser). Question is this: should the air blow hard from the vents? The house stays cool at 73 (1830 sq ft in Houston, TX), but there is not a lot of air movement felt near the vents. The plenum leads to trunk-line style runs with flex duct going to the vents. I recently visited 2 new houses (1 larger, 1 smaller); both kept their settings higher (around 75 and 77, respectively) and you could feel air blowing up to 10 feet away from the vents. Which is "normal"? Which is more efficient?

If the system is set up in "Comfort" mode, then there will be less airflow than nominal. However, the reason for that is even air distribution and less draft. "Efficiency" mode will have more airflow and will be more noticeable at the registers. Most are happy when they are not even aware the AC or furnace is running and both are doing the job.

You have a wonderful system with the Infinity.

air blowing hard enough?

I don't see any "comfort" or "efficiency" modes - all I saw were fan settings (auto, high, medium, low - set on auto). Am I looking in the wrong place? Does 73 sound like the right setting for our location and house size?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    73 sounds low to me,whats the humidity set at?

that unit is likely running in low speed,if the weathers mild,so less air flow.

The installer can set up the stat,just call them.

The speeds you are refering to are likely the speed(top right of stat) for the fan to run whaen the compressor is not running.

The "comfort" and "efficiency" modes are setup by the dealer/installer. As dash said, contact the dealer/installer about your concerns.