Hybrid View

Recent install of a Carrier Infinity with a Comfort Zone 2 (2 zones). With the warm weather approaching Tennessee, need some feedback about running the fan 24/7. We have noticed a huge difference with the indoor air quality with the VS motor running 24/7. My contractor, however, said it would be best not to let the fan run 24/7 during warm/hot weather because it would not remove the humidity within in the house as well. Is this a correct statement ? It would seem that running the fan 24/7 would be more beneficial, but I am no expert... Your feedback would be appreciated...

This ecm motor is designed to run 24/7. It eliminates stratafied air and helps maintain a even temperature. This is true even in cooling mode. The motor may ramp down to such a low speed that it is difficult to detect. I say let it run.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

It is possible that on the more humid days with the fan running 24/7 you will have an increase of indoor humidity because the condensate that is still on the coil and in the coil housing will evaporate back into the moving air. Turn the AC off in your car with the fan still running and you will feel the same thing.

I live in Dallas and my indoor humidity increases if I run the fan 24/7 during the summer. It drops down a bit when the unit is cooling, but it will creep back up.

I LOVE VS, but this is one drawback that cannot be eliminated.

Good luck-

Does your control allow fan constant in some cycles but not in others? My Bobbyshaw stat does. I run the fan during the day when I'm gone and it is warmed up. In the evening and night when I'm around, the stat goes back to auto.

If the fan is on all time, when the zone call for cooling, the fan shuts off after it has reached desired temp, then after 5 min it will engage in the zone at low speed, somewhere I read on this board the reason the fan will stay off 5 min it will prevent the moisture from the coil being recirc into the house ???. It is a Carrier thermo stat (Humidstat). Thanks for your feedback..