I am trying to locate a software package that will allow me to input information that I gathered on a call or PM and save it for future reference. mostly like press's / temp's / hrs on job, notes, materials, etc....

If your company's using ESC (advertised on this website), you could have the secretary/bookkeeper enter that while they're doing the invoices. I know of a few companies down here which use it and do it this way. Then when the dispatch is printed, the tech has all of the prior service call info at hand.

I am looking for something along the lines of software for me to reference, not so much for the company itself.

when i was working as a sub, i wanted the same thing. i went to my friend mark k. & asked me to lay it out on paper what i wanted. he then wrote a sime "DOS" program that exactly what i need it to do. enter names & addresses of clients, unit numbers, date service and so on... put it on paper and start asking computer guys if they can write a "DOS" program. granted my friend is pretty much a B.A. programmer, he decided on "DOS" as my lap tap was a dinosaur. 2 stipulations- could NOT give it out to anyone and i had to service his house a/c. i got off cheap huh! good luck

If your just keeping data for your own records. Make up a simple template in Microsoft Access, in fact they have a generic service template that comes with it. If you dont have access make one up in excel.

If you just want something like that, take a look at AskSam. http://www.asksam.com . It's a database program, but unlike the others, it's free-form, so you can create a template as a guide, but each record can be completely different if need be. They have a free trial on there. You can even add all of your .PDF installer's manuals to it and have it automatically search through those.