Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused

hey guys where is the bypass located around the txvs on the units i look at? i always see them in my ac books there they are with oneway valves allowing refrigerant flow around the inactive txv, but i never see em on the systems. are they internal? does an inactive txv allow refrigerant to flow backwards through its self?
    Goodbyee stranger it's been nice. Hope you find your paradise! Hey it aint rocket science, "It's a Trade !"

it is the little tube coming off the side of the valve and going to the suction line
    your profile says nate certified for ac and heat pumps
    so much for nate

i believe its not even a bypass tube.. its an equalazation tube to open the valve

I think resolutetech is talking about a HP txv.

On a heatpump the txv has an internal bypass so the refer will flow through without restriction. Not all txv's are the same and some must have an external check vave so the refer will bypass the txv.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Wow...someone doesn't think too much of NATE, do you? lol.

The little tube that you refer to, Tinknocker, is the equalization tube as lumpy said.

Resolutetech, if you are looking at a straight AC TXV, then it doesn't have a bypass. Bypasses are used for heatpumps. Some have them internally, and some require another tube going from the inlet of the TXV to the outlet with a check valve inside the tube.

i know i was being sarcastic sorry

Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    it is the little tube coming off the side of the valve and going to the suction line
    so much for nate

That is not a bypass, it is an external equalizer only used on some valves. So, tinknocker do you know what it is for and when such an externally equalized valve is applied to a system?

Originally posted by NormChris
    Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    so much for nate

That is not a bypass, it is an external equalizer only used on some valves. So, tinknocker do you know what it is for and when such an externally equalized valve is applied to a system?
    Thank you norm, lets put on our thinking caps and learn something here.externally/internally equalized, distrubtors, hard shutoff, start components, 3 txv/tev operating forces etc...

I think I might be able to actually post a reply without making a ten page report muahahaha..... but then again...
    the link I'm fixin to give will make up for it

http://www.hvacmechanic.com/trouble_shooting/sm01,02-5.pdf
    Scroll down to page 42

Here's the clickable link to wormy's thing.

http://www.hvacmechanic.com/trouble_.../sm01,02-5.pdf

resolutetech
    Professional Member

i am sorry for any sarcasum and for putting you down in any way. no excuse but was drunk and had no reason to take it out on you or any one else in here
    after three years of hard times and not making enough at the end of the week i finaly gave in on the fight and was declared chapter 7. lost every thing i work hard for for thirty years and took it out in so again i am truely sorry
    this has been a rough trade and i am not sure as of right now if i will be in it much longer. dont know how to post my credintials through have tried so when i have a chance i will post the in the other fourom
    norm
    bypass
    simpley put right or wrong
    equalizises the enternal of the valve so the pin can move and fluckuate evenly. works at the bottom of the pin and helps it open and close. if the schader core is not remove in the bipasport on suction line you will find the suction and liquid pressures riase and fall equaly as the valve opens and closes. reason all it is doing is opening and closeing not flucuateing and controling super heat
    it is internal equalation on the internel of the valve
    hope i put it close enough to for an exceptaple explaintion

Tin

My prayers go out for you and your family in the struggles you are facing.
    When faced with problems, there are several ways to approach the solution. Beer and whiskey run downhill, and they'll only take you down with it.
    Here's a link to some people who will help get you on the right path not only financially, but also help in more ways than you can imagine. I hope you seriously consider
    looking into this.

http://www.crown.org/financialwisdom...udgetcoach.asp

wormy ty. firt time in my life believe it or not i ever got drunk and passed out. man aint worth it
    head is killing me and didnt make a differance wow what a supprize heheh
    i will lok into you site
    as far as this trade i will see what i decide
    3 and 4 day work weeks spring and fall feast and fathum just not sure.
    untill i do get it together again this is my last post
    thanks to all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast