Thread: Leftovers

Leftovers

Probably I get it from my Mom but I hate to see food go to waste. Because of this I have been dubbed the "Leftover King." by my family.

We have a lot of soups, fried rice, omeletes and once in awhile I'll make a casorole from the leftovers in the fridge.

This morning this guy on TV made bread pudding. But it was more a bread custard. Instead of making it sweet he used vegetables, cheese and olives.

What a great idea for using up leftovers. Steal bread, eggs, milk and leftovers.

What else can we make with leftovers?

I love to take roast that is being ignored and make hash for breakfast. Best leftovers ever was..... I had cooked hamburgers on the bbq grill for a fund raiser, and would up with like 5 lbs of grilled burgers. Crumbled um up the next day and made Chili. The grilled beef added an awesome flavor!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

My mother used to take leftover beef, corned beef and/or pork, run it all through the grinder along with some beets and carrots and make "Red Flannel Hash".

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    I love to take roast that is being ignored and make hash for breakfast. Best leftovers ever was..... I had cooked hamburgers on the bbq grill for a fund raiser, and would up with like 5 lbs of grilled burgers. Crumbled um up the next day and made Chili. The grilled beef added an awesome flavor!
    i was told this is how Wendy's makes there chili...taste good to me.

This reminds me. Sautee an onion. Add leftover grilled hotdogs sliced small. Throw in some eggs and scramble. Great breakfast.**

** looking forward to bbq season.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    This reminds me. Sautee an onion. Add leftover grilled hotdogs sliced small. Throw in some eggs and scramble. Great breakfast.**

** looking forward to bbq season.
    Mines close to beenncool's,
    I like to get all my left over proteins, mix them up in a fry pan with some veggies. Add a bunch of egg to it. then stick it in the oven covered in cheese.
    Fritata (spelling)
    Sooo good!