Jackson 10APRB DW Timer problem

Got a call to fix a leaking DW and found the vacuum breaker was leaking. Told them I'd have to get one(tore it apart and it was all gummed up with someone else's repair attempt) and then they mentioned the DW did not work in auto mode but washed and rinsed when the operated by the manual switches. I looked at the timer and the timer motor gear drives a big gear wheel and I'm assuming without tearing it apart, is supposed to turn the cams to operate the hold switch, the wash and the rinse cycle switches. I can turn the cams by hand and the switches work. Looks like the disc the cams are attached to should be turning as the big gear turns. Is there something broke in there I can fix, or do I need to order a new timer assembly.... Looks like their about 250-300 for a new one complete.

Thanks
    "Delay is preferable to error"- Thomas Jefferson

Sometimes you can temp repair this timer but if it's not turning you are propbably looking at some craked plastic housing parts. Sell em a new one, and they'll save money in the long run. The switches also degrade over time.

There are two spare cams on the unit. If you cannot change cam replace the timer.