Compressor noise blanket removal

Any reason why I can't remove the noise blanket from my 2-stage scroll compressor? Not worried about noise. Compressor should run cooler and last longer without it, right?

No reason to remove it, compressor is cooled by the refrigerant.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

compessor blanket

this is a big debate with the old timers but the reality is almost all manufactures are useing them now the are designing there equipment to handle those changes taking it off will not hurt anything just a little louder but not much

I do it all the time and not one customer has complained or noticed yet. The compressor does get a chance to give off a lot more heat.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

If you are not worried about noise then remove it.
    But last longer because you have it off?? Not too sure about that...

Is /was it still in warranty?
    2 stage 16 SEER probably came with 10 year compressor warranty.
    I personally would void a warranty claim after the customer modified the equipment.

Working on getting the bulliton but have been told fri. that they want all blankets remove causing damage to the motor windings causing premature failure ill let you know for sure when i have it in hand this is for amana/goodman

Hasley - Why do you want to open up your condenser and remove the compressor blanket?
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by charlesw615 View Post
    Working on getting the bulliton but have been told fri. that they want all blankets remove causing damage to the motor windings causing premature failure ill let you know for sure when i have it in hand this is for amana/goodman
    are you sure, amana/goodman want compressor blankets removed, because a lot of those units have copeland compressors!

Question. If Goodman does want the blankets removed will they notify the owners of the equipment or do you have to wait for your tech to come out for regular service? And if they do want them removed who will get the bill?

Not sure that what i was asking is if anyone out there had heard anything about it I havent seen or heard it from goodman just a guy at the supply house told one of my techs. this friday.