Automated Logic Training Materials

I've been developing graphics pages for an Automated Logic system, but I find that there are many topics that I'd like to know more about that are not covered in the user's guides that I have assembled. For example, I'd like to locate a manual that explains the differences between locked.value, locked_value.value, relinquish_default, trip.value, etc. I've been getting by only by copying and pasting from other "canned" graphics that work, but I'd really like to understand a little better what's going on. I have the Viewbuilder User's Guide (2008, Automated Logic Corporation) as well as the very similar i-Vu Viewbuilder Guide (Carrier). However, neither is very extensive regarding linking values to targets. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how I can get my hands on a more advanced Viewbuilder manual. Thanks in advance.

Those are all expressions in WebCTRL for a particular point detail.

Use global modify to view different items expressions. Example is locked.value is the checkbox for that and locked_value.value is the value number field to lock. you can also global modify things you can't change like present value which will show you the expression is present_value.value.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Is their a master list of ALC objects, the object properties and their function within the object? The global modify method will only show you the path, not what that property actually does within the object.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

I didn't find anything in viewbuilder, logicbuilder or sitebuilders help on something like that. Closest I found was this. In general I find our help files are a quite far from complete. You might want to go back and redo your search in 2.0 and 3.0 help files, they tend to have much more info than 4.0 does.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

In regards to your statement, "However, neither is very extensive regarding linking values to targets?

You do know the alt, click trick on any WebCTRL value, right? There are so many shortcuts and tricks that have been passed down over the years, it's hard to remember what is documented and what is not...

Are you looking for details on the actual microblocks in LogicBuilder (EIKON)? I know you mention viewbuilder but the items that it sounds like you are looking for might be in the EIKON help files.

I'll see what else I can find that are separate files or manuals but give me a little more detail on what you want/are trying to do...

Eikon Program Micronlock Guides? And answers

Look for this document on google:
    "Eikon for WebCTRL Microblock Reference Guide" (344 pages)

Many ALC dealers have these documents on their websites and Google has crawled and indexed most of all the ALC support documents.

There is pne other PDF that has all of the different properties available for each microblock, and what the property does.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Ok guys. I've looked at all of the suggested materials, without finding what I'm looking for. So, how about a real life example. I've got a BACnet Analog Input for my actual condenser water temp (reference name m065), an editable Analog Parameter for the condenser water setpoint (m067), and a (True if > Constant) editable microblock (m111) which sets the value of the high limit alarm. I'd like to write a conditional expression to show text if the condenser water temp exceeds the setpoint, and another conditional expression to show text if the condenser water temp exceeds the high limit setpoint. I've tried many expressions, all of which don't work. For example,
    $(m065/present_value)>(m111/present_value)$==true
    $m065/present_value$>m111/present_value
    $(m065/present_value)$>$(m111/locked_value)$==true
    etc
    etc....
    Can anybody give me an expression that will work if m065 is greater than the high limit (m111) and a different expression that will work if m065 is greater than setpoint m067?

I'm thinking two hide show text expressions:

Text expression 1:
    ($m065/present_value$>=$m111/present_value$)

Text expression 2:
    ($m065/present_value$>=$m067/present_value$)

These equations will only work if if your m's are analog parameters. Be sure to do an ALT-Click in WebCTRL to find the true path of your variables...

Control 8 -

m067 is an analog parameter so I'm hopeful your suggestion will likely work on that. But m111 is a microblock that gives me an output if the input is greater than a constant. It's called a True if > Constant block. Will the conditional expression you suggested work for that? I'm thinking maybe not, because the output of this microblock is binary. I'm not really wanting to compare m065 with the output of m111. I'm wanting to compare it to the value of the editable constant that is imbeded in m111. I'll try them both when I get back to it on Tuesday. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chatenever View Post
    Control 8 -

m067 is an analog parameter so I'm hopeful your suggestion will likely work on that. But m111 is a microblock that gives me an output if the input is greater than a constant. It's called a True if > Constant block. Will the conditional expression you suggested work for that? I'm thinking maybe not, because the output of this microblock is binary. I'm not really wanting to compare m065 with the output of m111. I'm wanting to compare it to the value of the editable constant that is imbeded in m111. I'll try them both when I get back to it on Tuesday. Thanks.
    if that's the case, then use /trip instead of /present_value for that parameter. An ALT-click in WebCTRL on that parameter will show you exactly need to do...

copy this url and try this. let me know if the url does not work.
    file:///C:/WebCTRL4.1SP1/webroot/_common/lvl5/help/logicbuilder/15163.htm

Control 8-
    The expression $m065/present_value$>=$m111/trip$ worked perfectly! So I go back to my original question ... how did you know that?? Is there something written somewhere that gives you that expression? ALT-click gives some information when used on a graphics page, but the microblock m111 appears only on the logic, and ALT-click doesn't give me anything like /trip as a property.

Skibme -
    C:/WebCTRL4.1SP1/webroot/_common/lvl5/help/logicbuilder/15163.htm has a lot of good info, but nothing like the expression that Control 8 gave me.

If you're on the graphics page, first click on the microblock. Then you'll get a pop up to let you change the value on the microblock. Instead of changing the value, do an ALT-click on the value. On the corresponding popup (global modify), if you look on the first line (expression) it will show you the entire expression for that parameter. for a < or >, it will be /trip.value, for a parameter, it will be /present_value.value, etc...