Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrier 30gxr

Carrier 30gxr

Hey i have a carrier 30gxr225f611cl ecologic r-134a screw chiller today i walked up to it today to 4 alarms those were a152 (down due to failure) t055 (compressor b1 failure no current) and t052 and t051 (compresor a1 and a2 off due to current unbalance. I first checked the wireing to the klixon module 3 in total and check them to the mail control board and all connections were good. then i reset the chiller and got compressors a1 and b1 to come on and i check for voltage imbalance and amprage imbalance at the klixon modules and ch power at disconnect all were below 5% devation Any other ideas?

Loose connections or you really had some sort of weird power issue with all 3 compressors going flaky.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

I had this same issue at about 3 weeks ago and i found one of the 0/1 wires going to compressor a1 at the crimp connection was bad and corroding. i had the same issue 3 weks ago same codes. ive check the contactior and check voltage drop across and they were under .03v across the contactors, so i know the contactors are good any other ideas

Quote Originally Posted by fordtrucksrule View Post
    I had this same issue at about 3 weeks ago and i found one of the 0/1 wires going to compressor a1 at the crimp connection was bad and corroding. i had the same issue 3 weks ago same codes. ive check the contactior and check voltage drop across and they were under .03v across the contactors, so i know the contactors are good any other ideas
    Not unless someone changed the imbalance setpoint and you haven`t changed out a starter lately, it is wye delta right?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

yes it is a wye delta starter. as far as i know no one has messed with the parameters.

A1 & A2 compressor "unbalance setpoint should be 15% default" it alarms after a continuous 15% or more for 25 minutes.

B1 "no current" if there is a call for B1 comp and there is no amp draw on all 3 legs for more than 3 seconds it will alarm.

Are than any other alarms in history log? power fails, phase loss etc.. Thats pretty strange, might be the beggining of a board problem.

Might check primary connections and voltages to transformers serving Klixon modules (CCP's) and secondary connections and voltages. could also be a transformer problem. It would be more logical if there are not any other alarms in history log. especially because it is with 3 compresors and it is on the amperage side (alarms) with no voltage alarms
    Last edited by emcontrols; 02-15-2011 at 11:46 PM.

which is the voltage deviation? could give more details? readings of voltage and amperage

The voltages are as flopped 477 479 482 ave is 479 so max devation is 3 volts on l3 and 2 volts on line 1

amp?

the percentage of voltage imbalance is 0.6%
    where maximum deviation 3volts x 100 = 300/479 = 0.626%

The voltage imbalance setting can cause you to have alot of nuisance trips on the 30HX and 30GX chillers . It will not hurt anything to set it up to 22%. If you still have trips set it higher.

ok the amp draws are as follows 76.4 78.8 and 81.4

the% current imbalance is 3.29 is thenormal, maximum by the plant is 15%, check electrical connections to the module cpm.etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast