Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No but I will look at that site further and try to find it.
    Saddle Up!

Hussman Ice cream case

I have seen the time clock you are talking about. The case i have seen them on have from the manufacture to have 2 defrosts every 12 hours for 40 min. My point is if you are defrosting every 12 hours why do you need a 48 hour time clock. If you really need a 48 hour time clock look in the Case Products book under hussman, I think the price is around $140.

48 HR Timer

Hello All,
    Hussman makes a novelty case M/N GIM-6-S that uses a 48 hr time clock. That box only requires two fifty min. dfts per day according to Hussman. With an out clause of adjust intervals & duration per amount of use & humidity. You may already know but if not..... Hussman has downloadable manuals (PDF)for there equipment on there website. Some are easier to find though.
    Good Luck,
    GuardianTech
    P.S.
    who cares if its 24 or 48..... just double up on the dft pins.....right?

i agree with dave i dont know about the clock but one defrost a day should be more then enough for that case even once every two days is proballsy sufficent if your special clock will do that and if the case is in good condition

Originally posted by gas-n-go
    i agree with dave i dont know about the clock but one defrost a day should be more then enough for that case even once every two days is proballsy sufficent if your special clock will do that and if the case is in good condition
    You might have hit something on the head there.

They might spec one defrost every 48 hours for that case. Stranger things have come from Gloversville. (They RARELY work properly, and if they do, it's not for long, but it does happen...)

Well I checked the defrost clock again on Monday. The model is 48Hour it does have a 48 hour dial on it. My eyes must be going. Certainly is the first one I've ever seen. There really is nothing else special about it though. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help you are a great bunch of people on this sight.
    Saddle Up!

Sorry to resurrect this oldie, but I thought I might share what I learned-

I was researching an old Hussmann LBF-5 to find a new timer. Found the parts break-down and unit manual after looking around a little.

Apparently, Hussmann wanted 1 defrost every 48 hrs., hence the 48 hour timer. Seems like a long stretch, but that's what is in the manual.

Name:  IMG_0798.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  55.0 KB
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Thanks for resrurrecting, '05 was a good year, learned alot after we installed a used 5 door freezer with a new copeland sled. 3 days later customer calls about frost on product boxes.........3 to many defrost....cut out 3....damn, that was 8 years ago and still running like a top, he has a maintenance contract so yeah I'm sure
    Thanks!

I've worked on way too many of those ice cream novelty cases and they have all had the 48 hour time clocks with 1 defrost pin in it. They seem to work when setup properly but charging them is a PITA and it seems the cpr valve needs to be set just above compressor RLA or it won't pull down to temp after defrost. And then they will run fine until you shove the condensing unit back under the case and they overheat. So we have cut the backs out of several of these cases and put a screen in its place. I sure do love some of the things Hussmann throws out the doors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12