Flashing Wall Control Unit - QuadraFire Mt. Vernon

The wall control unit of my Mt. Vernon has been acting up intermittently. Sometimes, adjusting the temperature causes the screen to go blank and flash - light up and get dark. It's totally random and will sometimes correct itself after a 15-30 seconds back to a normal display. However, sometimes it will flash for longer periods and when that happens, I have to cycle the power to the stove to restore the screen.

Now it has been occuring more frequently in the last few days. Do I need to replace the wall control or perhaps the control board in the stove? Or is there something else I can check?

Thanks.

What is it your wall unit is controling? Sounds like I would want to check it first.

The QF Mt Vernon has an electronic wall control unit that controls everything related to the stove. There are no controls on the stove itself.

It has an LCD display that lights up blue when any button is depressed. This screen goes blank and the background light flashes on & off when I sometimes change the desired room temperature on the screen. Although I can get it to act up in any menu screen, changing the temp is what I am most frequently doing when it goes bezerk.

I'm not familiar with that type of control but it controls your heating it might have something to do with it.

I know I'm going to have to replace something, so which is it, the wall control unit or the control board in the stove? ....or maybe both?

Most likely replacing the wall control will fix it. First I would check the stat wire from the stat back to the stove, and also inside the stove. Make sure it is not pinched anywhere. The factory was putting a really tight zip tie on the wire in the stove at one point and then they found it was causing problems with the stat randomly going blank.

I would check with your dealer, as they may be able to replace the stat or control board under warranty even if the normal warranty is expired.

Thanks for the advice. I'll check the wiring and if I don't find anything, I'll contact my dealer on Monday.