Any opinions on the Trane electronic air cleaner system? Is this filter system very restrictive?

E.A.C. dP

Negligible dP for an E.A.C.

... Assuming you maintain it.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

The trane clean effects is not restrictive at all compaired to other eac's. It also filters the air much better than any other EAC on the market. Go to www.trane.com to see for your self.

creates ozone--also must be maintained and cleaned very often to maintain efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotatech View Post
    Any opinions on the Trane electronic air cleaner system? Is this filter system very restrictive?
    I have owned two of them (not Trane ), and I think they are a pain in the ass! Like one of the chaps stated they have to be maintained often to maintain any kind of efficiency. If they get too dirty, they snap and crack, and that usually happens in the middle of the night. Plus if you want to go away you have to worrry about how clean it is and if you have someone else looking after your property while you're away it's a pain for them, also. Just my 2 cents worth. I wouldn't have another one in my home.

thorton