Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Alco??? ugggghhhh. But your choice. Wrong flavor valve??? All the more reason to dump the refrigerant. If someone put the wrong valve in, or didnt change it during a conversion, who knows what else is incorrect. R-22 replacement is inexpensive for a smiling and happy customer.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Here is a chart I was given a long time back that I think is a invaluable tool for people to read, Learn and memorize. It may just help you in your current problem, at least start to point you in the right direction.

On my Blackberry at my hip. It's an awesome guide.

Originally posted by flangehead
    call backs suck
    That's why we can't take anything for granted.

Anybody else miss the days when Low temp was always R-502, Medium temp was R-12, and R-22 was just for air conditioning...

What makes you believe the cooler was not a r-134a or r-12 unit. I hope the compressor was rated for r-22 or it will go boom!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

And I thought only I was blessed with these kind of nightmares. Once found an old walk-in cooler that didn't work worth a damn. The tag that was nicely attached to the condensing unit by the last tech. stated that he had repaired a leak and charged with r-22. Head was ridiculous and very poor evap. performance. Long story short here.

Eventually I cleaned all the grease and years of build-up off the unit and found it was originally an R-12 unit.

But wait it got worse. The compressor was a recently installed medium temp R-404a/R-507 unit. To top it all off the TX was correct.......for the original condensing unit.

So I was standing there looking at an R-12 condensing unit with a medium temp. R404a/R507 compressor feeding an R-12 TXV using R-22 as the refrigerant. Try to explain that to the customer.
    Yes we have air conditioning in our igloos.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123