Glacer Nat. Park.

Have any of you been out to Glacer Nat. Park in Montana?

Have you seen the park pretty well open in mid June, or should I wait till Mid July to enjoy it?

Yep...took The Highway to the Sun.... it was awesome. It was many years ago, and I think we went in mid to late July.

I wanna go again!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

As much snow as they are getting high in the moutains , and as much as they get on Going To Sun Hiway ..... I would go in july. Thats just my opinion tho

Dec, thanks.

Yeah, that what I was thinking is it may be best for July.

I would call the local parks dept. But I try to avoid dead center of tourist season
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    I would call the local parks dept. But I try to avoid dead center of tourist season
    Good point, don't want to be in the middle of a million of people there! I may just book it end of June then..

We are taking Amtrak out there.

just some reading ........ sure every season is differant but montana is getting a lot of snow this year http://www.glaciertrails.com/best_time_visit.php.

Personally go there every year and July is definitely the best, as others have mentioned. The Going-to-the-Sun highway is spectacular, drive from East to West if you are afraid of heights (you'll be driving on the mountain side of the highway as opposed to the long drop side)...

The area does get busy, but it's not that bad. We usually stay in Kalispell (the boss wants her amenities), and you are then close to Flathead Lake, Whitefish, and you can even zip up to Alberta or British Columbia (need passport or NEXUS card) if you want (just a blatant dig for tourism). You'll enjoy the change, the mountains are just great, and remember, "Don't feed the bears!"...

Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
    Personally go there every year and July is definitely the best, as others have mentioned. The Going-to-the-Sun highway is spectacular, drive from East to West if you are afraid of heights (you'll be driving on the mountain side of the highway as opposed to the long drop side)...

The area does get busy, but it's not that bad. We usually stay in Kalispell (the boss wants her amenities), and you are then close to Flathead Lake, Whitefish, and you can even zip up to Alberta or British Columbia (need passport or NEXUS card) if you want (just a blatant dig for tourism). You'll enjoy the change, the mountains are just great, and remember, "Don't feed the bears!"...
    Thanks!

We are staying in resort/cabin in Whitefish, and thanks for the reminder for the passport.. We need to get them!