Thread: Another n00b...

Another n00b...

My name is Rod. I signed up here awhile back, I think while I was still taking my RHVAC courses. Not too sure if I ever posted here, but here I am! Been working part-time since June, mostly doing changeouts and ductwork, with some maintenance & clean in there. I work for the hvac division of a maintenance service owned by a large realty company in this part of Florida. The last month or so, I have had the oppurtunity to work more hours, closing in on full time. I'm still learning, and there are a few really good service techs at my company that have been very helpful in showing me the right way of doing things, when I get a chance to work with them. I hope to try and learn more here. And one day, I may be able to help others, as well.

So, Howdy!

Welcome Rod!

As soon as you get to 15 posts you can apply for pro membership.

All the good stuff is in the educational and pro forums.

Welcome Rod...sounds like you are learning alot of good stuff.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

welcome

sounds like you got a couple good mentors there

are they old & gruppy
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

They are good guys, one of which is a couple years younger than me, and I'm 27. Many advantages of getting into a trade earlier, as I wish I had done.

I am at a point now where I'm confident in some of my knowledge, to an extent. But the boss has mentioned having me run service calls during the summer, giving me the pager occasionally on a weekend, to give the other guys a break. One can't help but be alittle apprehensive about it.

howdy rdfletch