Thumbs up Insulated Magnetic Covers For HVAC Vents

Hello all,

I wanted to share w/you what I found to cover up my vents/registers during the winter months. I was searching for a product that would close off my vents during the winter and up until this past winter I found nothing. I came across a company that make Insulated Magnetic Register/Vent Covers. The company; Elima-Draft Inc., makes them and they work great. They are made of ABS with layers of insulation. Nothing like the flat magnetic ones which don't work. I believe I've saved money during this winter on my energy bills as well as stopping cold drafts. They are on the web and sell on many on-line sites. Just wanted to share with you. Hope this helps
    Thanks,
    Cooper10 This site is great for info and help. I've used some of the suggestions.

Welcome cooper,

Glad you enjoy the site...however your post seems more like advertising. Be sure to read the rules about advertising, so you don't get in trouble.

Site Rules:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Smile Information error

TECH23,

Sorry about that. Thanks for pointing it out to me. New user and I want to keep tuned in. I will pay closer attention to the requirements.
    Cooper10

What?

Are you talkin bout closin off supply registers?..would you block off part of the return..no? Tisk tisk smh.
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Are you talkin bout closin off supply registers?..would you block off part of the return..no? Tisk tisk smh.
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Closing off vents/registers

Yes,
    I'm talking about closing off the supplies and returns. Central A/C w/seperate baseboard units. Very drafty and heat loss. Closing them off for the winter.

If they're so drafty they need covers it would be better to seal up the ductwork.

All those leaks add up to a lot more energy usage during the summer.