Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corned Beef

Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    Do they have cows in Canada?
    lol of course we have . we're your neighbour that you actually like ( we hope )

after I had that sandwich at katz's deli in NYC there's no other sandwich that even close to it. tried several different brand of cold cut type corned beef, but they sucks compare to katz's.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Ground beef smell the same when saute worse off with onion, add spices such as mustard/pepper/chili powder or herbs to rid the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post

after I had that sandwich at katz's deli in NYC there's no other sandwich that even close to it. tried several different brand of cold cut type corned beef, but they sucks compare to katz's.
    Yea, my wife always orders a Rueben any time we go out. We've been buying turkey pastrami from the grocer's deli lately and it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post

. Next Time try the the Carnegie 7th ave. In the 50's

To cut in hockey puck slices, just cut the lid and the bottom out of the cans, and push out the amount for a slice, slice it off and push out the next portion. When you're camping, or at home, you can flatten the can, and they take up less room in the garbage. Gramma taught me this when I was small.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

A good way to cook pickled pork that turns out like leg ham.

Fire up the webber BBQ with coals get them burnin hot , let them cool down , throw some pine cones in on the coals so they smoke slightly , place your pickled pork on the rack , replace the webber lid , let cook for a few hours or until tender.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

http://bbq.about.com/od/beef/a/aa031205a.htm

Gonna try it, with some salt removed... thanx!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

forgot all about this thread...anyways i smoked my corned beef a few weeks ago. Meh did not add to much extra flavor because the smoke was over powered by the spices. Wont be doing it that way again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123