Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfortmaker thread???

Post Likes
    jultzya
    Did bkoz tell you the conclusion of the "tech" that came to her house. They said it was common knowledge that the condensation pump could cause the board to lock out.

I have not heard this have you. I wonder why it would rear its ugly head after 12 years? Sounds odd to me.

I also wonder why the other thread was closed? I couldn't post to it can you?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes

See what you've done now twilli!!!!!!!!

You mention FE and now the thread is closed!
    Why???? I would like to know too.

You got your story wrong, or my story is wrong.

I was told it was the 'condensate grounding wire'????, and that it needed to be unhooked so the board wouldn't lock up!

Ever heard of a 'condensate grounding wire'????????? Hehe..

It's common knowledge that the boards will cause problems if it's not grounded properly. This will happen after the unit gets old, rusted, repaired (and shit not put back). The grounding is done through out the manifold, screws, and everything else in its path. After they get dirty/corroded they don't make a good ground and start causing problems.

(kinda like the Honeywell S8600)

Post Likes

Re: See what you've done now twilli!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jultzya
    You mention FE and now the thread is closed!
    Why???? I would like to know too.

You got your story wrong, or my story is wrong.

I was told it was the 'condensate grounding wire'????, and that it needed to be unhooked so the board wouldn't lock up!

Ever heard of a 'condensate grounding wire'????????? Hehe..

It's common knowledge that the boards will cause problems if it's not grounded properly. This will happen after the unit gets old, rusted, repaired (and shit not put back). The grounding is done through out the manifold, screws, and everything else in its path. After they get dirty/corroded they don't make a good ground and start causing problems.

(kinda like the Honeywell S8600)
    I know that boards can have lockout problems due to grounding issues, but I have never heard of blaming the condensation "pump". Send me an email and I'll send you the eamil that I got.

Those guys sound goody to me.

Maybe you can find out why the thread was closed. You think it was F/E? hummmmmmm. Lusker says he talks to him every day.

Post Likes
    Good Morning Terry.

I did have the Comfortmaker service company OWNER out this morning. He agreed with the wire that I plugged in from the high limit switch and called the Comfortmaker tech that they have access to to confirm his strategy. Even though the error light was on steadily, they both agreed that the furnaces with the serial number installed in 1993 had problems with the condensate grounding wire needing to be unplugged, leaving it in can cause errors in the board. He said that they would not replace the whole board until they ruled that out because it was common knowledge about needing to unplug that wire. I also told him about what you guys said about the rings, heat exchanger, etc. and he said this was not the model or the year that they had problems with in the past.

Although I'm getting a little tired of all this, it has been kind of fun with my new friends!

Have a good week,

Here is my letter from Bkoz

Post Likes

twill

Well why did you ask for an e-mail? LOL
    Anyway, the e-mail is on its way.

The paragraph is the same as what she sent me, and I basically stated the 'condensate grounding wire', never heard off one, and never heard of such problem!

Post Likes
    I'm going to get pictures of this unit to see what is actually being done to it.

Looks like we might just have to have that road trip after all!

Post Likes
    OK, here I am butting in again.

When did the condensate level sensor come into play ? I missed that one, or was not reading through.

That model had a sensor that was in the drain trap underneath and any condensation would cause it to trip and send out a 6 flash code on that White Rodgers board. This was the same code as the "grounded sensor circuit"

For more info, let me know. It's back in my office in some old files and I could get it to you.

Post Likes

Mgr...

This new info was in an e-mail to twilli and myself.
    (from the original poster, bkoz)

Please get me the information. As, I would like to read it. You already know where to send the file.

Did you get my last e-mail? As, I haven't heard from you.

Now, twilli is going to go into over drive with you butting in, but I'll keep him off of you if he gets to rowdy. He11 if we keep it going, this thread will likely be closed also. LOL Are we troublemakers? If so, nobody told me!

Tks.

Post Likes
    That's news to me. I'm waiting to hear from Bkoz. I see no reason for the old thread to be closed? However it's not my site and I'm just a guest. Maybe because I'm from Ohio they gave us the booth, or maybe we were just having too much fun.

Post Likes
    Too much fun and making things interesting!

Oh well, we have a new thread now!

I haven't heard any further problems. If I do, I'll let you know.

BTW, You make sure you leave my little buddy (Mgr) alone! You hear me? He's a good guy, just like us!

Post Likes
    I'm have a new respect for manager since he screwed up. I realize he was human and realize he's an ok guy. He blamed in on the turnpike. But I think it was something illegal.

Smokin if you get my drift.

Post Likes
    how many times must one say she is mine, mine ,all mine
    it is true these older comfortmaker units have a rod at the bottom of the heatexchange in the condensate tray. if it gets wet it will lock out the unit so it doesnt fill up with water. disconnecting it is a mistake and they will be back again. unit will fill up with water and shut down
    gee i think it is sad these guys keep going back and not fixing this thing correctly once and for all. if she looks that good then they should just ask her out and stop acting like dummies.
    bkoz)

if you read this email is Vtinknockercomcastnet
    i think it is time to go on a trip and fixe this thing. might take a week or two but what fun we could have
    wayne

Post Likes
    Tinknocker, why you trying to get my girl? Your smart but I'm smarter, she wants me. I can solve her problem, heck I wouldn't even waste my time trying to fix her furnace. I'd give her a new one.

She would fall in love with me. I'll have the old one shipped down to you and you can fix it and give it to some other girl.

Trying to sneek your email address by the BOTS huh, if i was a tattletail I'd report you.

I told you for $2.00 i'd send you her email address. You got the money or not?

Post Likes
    i am a bad boy lol
    trieing to get it in my profile
    some day i will learn how to use this pc maybe
    only one question
    where is our picture

Post Likes
    Originally posted by twilli3967
    I'm have a new respect for manager since he screwed up. I realize he was human and realize he's an ok guy. He blamed in on the turnpike. But I think it was something illegal.

Smokin if you get my drift.

Gee Thanks, I guess !

What was I smokin' that day? Who knows ? I have enough trouble remembering yesterday

Post Likes

Re: Mgr...

Originally posted by jultzya
    This new info was in an e-mail to twilli and myself.
    (from the original poster, bkoz)

Please get me the information. As, I would like to read it. You already know where to send the file.

Did you get my last e-mail? As, I haven't heard from you.

Now, twilli is going to go into over drive with you butting in, but I'll keep him off of you if he gets to rowdy. He11 if we keep it going, this thread will likely be closed also. LOL Are we troublemakers? If so, nobody told me!

Tks.
    Should be able to get the info tomorrow. Will get it to 'ya
    Yup, got the e-mail just fine.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by twilli3967
    Tinknocker, why you trying to get my girl? Your smart but I'm smarter, she wants me. I can solve her problem, heck I wouldn't even waste my time trying to fix her furnace. I'd give her a new one.
    I told you for $2.00 i'd send you her email address. You got the money or not?
    Wouldn't try to fix the old one, CAUSE YOU CAN'T! LOL
    Replace it like the rest of the no nothing hacks, Eh?

You're just tring to sell her e-mail address so you can pay off your bets! That's low. What happen the bank turn down the new morgage?

[Edited by jultzya on 05-03-2005 at 10:36 PM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    how many times must one say she is mine, mine ,all mine

gee i think it is sad these guys keep going back and not fixing this thing correctly once and for all.
    Boy, you better get your facts straighten out real quick! Or else, I'm going to have Twilli make a trip to see you. I'm going to send him as I have a more important trip somewhere in MI.

I also feel saddened by all the incompetence she has endured. (I think she knows as much as any of the techs at this point in time) It is completely out of line. I wonder who the guy was on the other end of that cell phone call. Whether it was another tech, or actually a CSR for ICP.

I'm really beginning to think we should maybe just have a meeting there one day. Schedule a training seminar for all the techs in the area!

Post Likes
    jultzya
    the bet is a wash. heat exchanger is good i wow
    no picture twilli won there for a wash
    twilli i think i will just save my money for now
    sooner or later she will relize i am the better man and you will just watch and weep
    all kidding asside has anyone heard if it was fixed yet
    just courious

Post Likes
    Verdict is still out. I will post when the situation is over, and is completely resolved.

So, Twilli owes you a dollar for the HE and you owe him 2 for the picture? So, you are the one looking for the morgage? Hehehehe......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in